What did we learn: Ohio State

Branno

I really understand people being frustrated about us losing this game. It is frustrating indeed coming so close and then falling short. However, I am extremely pleased by how far this team has come in such a short period. Five weeks ago, I was thinking that Ohio state would hang 70 on us. So, I was extremely pleased to see that we were competitive throughout the game and had a few chances to win it. We created three turnovers and held them below their average yardage at their own home. 

The biggest frustrtation is knowing that if we only got decent play from our unspecial teams, we could have easily won this game and everyone who watched this game knows that. I choose to see this as a great win for us and a huge step in the right direction. I am confident we will win the remaining three games in our schedule if we continue to play like today. Who knows, we might even get invited to the toilet bowl. Any bowl at this point will be greatly appreciated.

I guess I don’t see how being bummed that we weren’t able to pull out the win and seeing/appreciating the progress the team has made are mutually exclusive.

Of course I’m pleased we were in the position to win the game. It doesn’t change the fact that it sucks we lost.

I don’t see how any fan of any team wouldn’t be bummed that their team lost, no matter the margin of victory or how big of underdogs they were.

• Plus1 1

I mean I went into the game expecting to get our teeth knocked in. As the game went on and I realized we could compete, my feelings started to change to we should win this game. We had so many missed opportunities to win that game so in that sense, I am not pleased with the outcome either. It doesnt mean Im not super excited about the future. I havent been that pumped up DURING a big game in a long time, mostly because we are out of it by halftime. But today I was pumped and it was fun. Im disappointed we lost but cant wait to see where we can go next year and years to come! GBR

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

You know you're going to get badgered until you're no longer disappointed.  What is wrong with you and your glass half empty attitude? :lol:

I've been pleased before.  I know what that feels like.  This isn't it.

Maybe people want me to pretend I'm pleased by the outcome?

In which case I'm pleased.

• Plus1 3

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've been pleased before.  I know what that feels like.  This isn't it.

Maybe people want me to pretend I'm pleased by the outcome?

In which case I'm pleased.

I'm not pleased by almost winning either.  At least I think that's the intent of this post because I haven't actually read the previous page or two.  How can you be pleased when special teams looks so gawd aweful AND we probably left at least 14-17 points out on the field.   

Improved- yes but Geesh, I'm also not going to stand back in awe because we are significantly less awful then we were 6 weeks ago.  Fix the effin special teams Scott.  I expect to win every single game and am dissappointed when we don't