What did we learn: Ohio State

Branno

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think people can be pleased with the effort, pleased with some aspects of the game, see improvement in the team, and still he frustrated or disappointed with the loss. It sounds like the team was upset that the team lost, and that is great to hear. Any competitor shouldn’t accept losses. 

So much this. I'm happy with the direction of the team and with how they competed today. But I am also disappointed in the mistakes, special teams, etc. and thought we should've won that game. I expected to compete beforehand and actually predicted we would win by three. There's a lot to be happy and excited about and there are still a lot of things that need to improve. These aren't mutually exclusive feelings. I don't know why some people are getting bent out of shape because not everyone is completely overjoyed because we lost a close one. Clean up a few things and we win. Cleanup everything and get a few difference makers in here and we roll them.

And it doesn't have anything to do with perspective or how the tOSU games have gone in prior years. Sure I'm happy we didn't get blown out again but unhappy that we didn't win a very winnable game.

It really does seem like this team, these players are growing every single day. Every time they practice, watch film, lift weights, condition, etc. you can tell they are becoming better football players. Frost said it, but I'll reiterate it again, I feel bad for these seniors who work their rear end off and are laying the foundation for things to come. They're not getting the wins, but they are setting the stage. Some of those guys are gonna be the unsung hero's that might not get the recognition they probably deserve when Nebraska is winning a lot of games next year. 

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’ve learned that some NU fans would rather have Frost try to not do anything it takes to try and win a game and be happy with a 20+ point loss. Ridiculous. 

Explain please?  I'm happy with most of the coaching calls except for that maybe onside kick call. I can't justify it but it really didn't bite us either. I still don't trust Frost ability to manage the closing minutes of a close game.  

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Explain please?  I'm happy with most of the coaching calls except for that maybe onside kick call. I can't justify it but it really didn't bite us either. I still don't trust Frost ability to manage the closing minutes of a close game.  

Your posts are speaking for themselves. I’m not saying Frost is perfect, but to criticize him for not doing things the “Big Ten” way is just dumb, especially this year.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

It really does seem like this team, these players are growing every single day. Every time they practice, watch film, lift weights, condition, etc. you can tell they are becoming better football players. Frost said it, but I'll reiterate it again, I feel bad for these seniors who work their rear end off and are laying the foundation for things to come. They're not getting the wins, but they are setting the stage. Some of those guys are gonna be the unsung hero's that might not get the recognition they probably deserve when Nebraska is winning a lot of games next year. 

I can’t help but think that regardless of record that this group of seniors won’t be forgotten.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I learned that while the defense is far from great, it’s starting to show glimpses of being pretty good. What I am starting to like is that they are starting to hit teams hard. Even Lamar Jackson forced a fumble today with a form tackle with his shoulder right on the ball. I think the coaches are starting to figure out who can play and who can’t, and that should bode well for the future. 

Wasnt a form tackle 

We didn't play particularly well and nearly beat a Top 10 team on the road.

I love me some Martinez but he was just a bit off today.  Too bad for him.  Could have been a real statement game.

Oz was kind of back to the Oz of old today.  Not terrible but not very good either.  Stats are OK but didn't really make any plays.  Wish Washington wasn't banged up.

Really liking Domann - wish he would have been in earlier this year (injuries were a factor)

Our offense can have a pretty good game even when they disappear for a quarter.  Scary when we get it all together.

Defense showed some signs.  If we only had a pass rush.

55 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Your posts are speaking for themselves. I’m not saying Frost is perfect, but to criticize him for not doing things the “Big Ten” way is just dumb, especially this year.

So we expect the players to perform in a conference that the coach isn't ready for?  Frost was pretty naive coming into a conference and thinking he was going to set the tone.  He's learning to