Do We Win Out?

Iowa has had a slow, boring, do-nothing offense where they have a running back the size of a fullback that they try to just bludgeon you with for 3.5 yards a carry for pretty much the last six seasons. But this year they actually throw the ball fairly well and have scored more points than they usually do in conference play. I think it'll be hard to beat them but I also see our offense being so dialed in three weeks from now that we could score 45 on them.

I do think we're capable of winning out.

If we play like we did against Ohio state and our unspecial teams produce an average game and do not do anything negative, I say we win all three games. The one game that worries me is Iowa. I think it will be a very hard fought battle especially if we win our next two games and the Iowa game is what stands between us and going to a bowl game. 

I think we have 3 blowouts. 

Seriously. Our team is feeling the juice. The loser a$$ mentality has been slowly leaving the body. It’s gone now. 

Theyll read that  Ubran said “no one wants to play this team right now”. 

They knkw full well winning 3 in a row to finish sends a message and shows that they have a New Pride. I think we CRUSH the next 3 teams. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, Nebfanatic said:

I think we might slip up at MSU and smack Iowa across the face. I think Frost understands we need to dominate Iowa starting this season.

It's like you read my mind.  When I came into this thread, the one game where I thought we'd slip up was Michigan State.  It wouldn't shock me at all if we beat Iowa like a drum. 

We will probably beat Illinois and be competitive against MSU and Iowa. I don’t think we will win all 3 but probably 2 of them. For whatever reason OSU is playing at a MSU, Iowa level and if they don’t wake up, Sparty will beat them.  Hopefully OSU softens them up for us but that game could indicate how our MSU game will go.

10 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

If we play like we did against Ohio state and our unspecial teams produce an average game and do not do anything negative, I say we win all three games. The one game that worries me is Iowa. I think it will be a very hard fought battle especially if we win our next two games and the Iowa game is what stands between us and going to a bowl game. 

I agree - I think we will make Iowa our 'bowl game' for motivation. If by chance we back ourselves into an actual bowl game - that would be the cherry on the top of beating Iowa, MSU and Ill.

Never before I have been so encouraged by a loosing record. It seems so contradictory.  But the turnaround has been dramatic outside of special teams.  I think next year could be special - esp with a more favorable schedule.  All of a sudden we see how winnable our division is but also the Big 10.  Wisc is no longer the bully of the West and only Mich seems truly dominate in the east this year - good time for Coach Hardhead to leave his gig and go back to prove himself in the NFL.  6 games in a row of +450 total Offense - we see that the O can work in the Big 10 even wt a limited # of players recruited for the system.  With more play makers and speed on the D, next year should be fun to watch and we'll appreciate the growing pains of this year.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:25 AM, spurs1990 said:

Start by going 1-0 next week. Can this team continue to win the ones they are supposed to, like their other two wins. Illinois is coming in high after replicating our game against Minnesota pretty much.

Let's beat A.J. Bush then get on to the two tougher ones.

That said I think 2-1. This mark would also give me a good deal of optimism heading into the office season.

That dude played at 4 colleges in 5 years. I’m impressed. 

On 11/4/2018 at 11:15 AM, KingBlank said:

Without the disastrous mistakes? That's what this team is built on.   QB making high school decisions at critical junctures, special teams kicking the ball backwards.   No run blitzing when they are clearly going to run the ball.  

The mistakes are well chronicled, but if you didn't see the improvement and the fact we hung for four quarters with a team that we couldn't force to punt in three years I don't know what to tell you. 

• Plus1 2