Martinez Top-Rated B1G QB This Week

Mavric

On 11/6/2018 at 9:24 AM, junior4949 said:

This is why I've always been puzzled as to why Gebbia  stuck around for so long.  Even had he been named the starter, it was just a matter of time (possibly a game or two) before Martinez became the starter.  I've never understood why he didn't transfer out sooner? 

I assume that much like a lot of his generation, he is in love with with himself. Coming a year removed out of high school where everybody he met wanted to lick his boots probably helped this, not to mention the amount of spazz some of the fans in this state throw at these kids. This can create a general sense of delusion.

18 minutes ago, HuskerMoon said:

I assume that much like a lot of his generation, he is in love with with himself. Coming a year removed out of high school where everybody he met wanted to lick his boots probably helped this, not to mention the amount of spazz some of the fans in this state throw at these kids. This can create a general sense of delusion.

Generation talk is really annoying. In fact, your argument is "kids these days are so full of themselves that they don't know when to quit because of how hard the competition is". Really?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

Your are right, this was way too short of a post and I ommitted too much for it to be pertinent. Part of being a mature adult, which in the past 18 and 19 year old young men where, was sticking with something you have made a commitment to. . I am just so used to the idea of "quit" from generation snowflake that I neglected that there might have been another choice from someone with an obvious "me first" persona,. I will also add not every member of this generation lives up to the stigma, just enough to make a very noticeable impact.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Idk, I'm willing to give our back-up QB more than 1 passing opportunity to decide whether or not we should ship him back to UCF.

No one thinks we should ship him back to UCF, but he is not even close to as good as Martinez and that is quite clear. Martinez has looked pretty solid throwing the ball in every outing we have seen. Vedrals arm looked questionable in the Spring game and in limited action this season. I'm sure he will be more than competent as a backup to Martinez with his knowledge of the system. He is probably better than what he has shown but in no way will he challenge Martinez for playing time.

3 minutes ago, HuskerMoon said:

Your are right, this was way too short of a post and I ommitted too much for it to be pertinent. Part of being a mature adult, which in the past 18 and 19 year old young men where, was sticking with something you have made a commitment to. . I am just so used to the idea of "quit" from generation snowflake that I neglected that there might have been another choice from someone with an obvious "me first" persona,. I will also add not every member of this generation lives up to the stigma, just enough to make a very noticeable impact.

I know we would all like to believe that these players commit to a program, but that isn't really what happens.  Players commit to a coach or a staff.  Once that coach and staff is gone, it's not uncommon for players to leave.  Frost didn't really commit to Stanford.  He really committed to Walsh.  Once Walsh was gone, Frost left.  Did Vedral commit to UCF, or did he commit to Frost?  Gebbia leaving was the right decision for him.  I've just never understood why he waited so long.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

No one thinks we should ship him back to UCF, but he is not even close to as good as Martinez and that is quite clear. Martinez has looked pretty solid throwing the ball in every outing we have seen. Vedrals arm looked questionable in the Spring game and in limited action tjis season. I'm sure he will be more than competent as a backup to Martinez with his knowledge of the system. He is probably better than what he has shown but in no way will he challenge Martinez for playing time.

lol... yeah yeah yeah.

I opened this thread from the bottom up..saw someone's pot shot about Vedral having crap accuracy...then found the reason for all of the chatter...the Wilson tweet.

Carry on. I thought we were just bashing Vedral for some reason.

• Plus1 1