Illinois week pressers

4skers89

Freshmen receivers. Where are they at? "Andre Hunt, he probably needs another year of just getting stronger, learning the offense, so he can go out and be more consistent." Miles Jones had surgery on his shoulder so he's out until the spring. Jaron Woodyard hasn't played as much, "but needs a year to just get in the playbook ... so when you get out on the field you don't have to think as much."

36 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

I might be reading into this,  but HCSF looks like he's no longer perpetually annoyed and worn out. The first few weeks, he was looking really beat up all the time. Seems like he's back to having fun himself. It's nice to see. 

No, I think that's a pretty reasonable statement.  I think he's genuinely more happy with how things are going.  And I think it shows in his demeanor.  

Still not happy with the record - as he's said - but can at least see what they are trying to do take root.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

No, I think that's a pretty reasonable statement.  I think he's genuinely more happy with how things are going.  And I think it shows in his demeanor.  

Still not happy with the record - as he's said - but can at least see what they are trying to do take root.

It would have to be very frustrating to do something that you have had success in the past 2 years, and not have that same initial success with NU this year (at least in wins and losses).  I am sure he's been encouraged with the games the past 3 weeks, and more importantly the practices where the players are showing better habits, technique, and effort.

49 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It would have to be very frustrating to do something that you have had success in the past 2 years, and not have that same initial success with NU this year (at least in wins and losses).  I am sure he's been encouraged with the games the past 3 weeks, and more importantly the practices where the players are showing better habits, technique, and effort.

I think the frustration was that we are now seeing what he was seeing in practice....but wasn't showing up in games.  He said it multiple times....fans weren't seeing what he was seeing in practice.

Now, we are seeing it too and it's a relief for him.

4 hours ago, Huskerzoo said:

I might be reading into this,  but HCSF looks like he's no longer perpetually annoyed and worn out. The first few weeks, he was looking really beat up all the time. Seems like he's back to having fun himself. It's nice to see. 

That is because he is rocking the Herbie hat.  Everyone is happier when hanging with Herbie!

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Also think about, how much has Frost lost in his life? Like, total? I imagine at least a small factor of the extreme funk was that Frost is not used to losing and doesn't have a lot of experience dealing with it.

• Plus1 1