May as well get hypothetical today..

What will be our pre-season ranking next year after we finish this season out 3-0?

Top 10?

Top 25?

Unranked?

Give me your number.

(It is not hypothetical that we finish this season 3-0, it's fact)

Disclaimer:

ScottyIce bears no responsibility on your well-being after following his topics.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, khaake said:

If we finish out 3-0, I still do not think we enter the year in the top-25. We'll likely be close to it, but will need to show it on the field before we find our way back in.

3-0 finish isn't showing it on the field?

Finishing 5-1 in the second half of the season with the only loss being to a Top 10 opponent on the road?

I don't think a 5-7 team the year before starts the next season ranked.  Michigan State plays Ohio State before us.  It's quite likely when we play them they are unranked.  Iowa is on a two game skid.  It's also likely they lose to Northwestern before we play.  It's a toss up whether they'll be ranked or not.  We're 2-7 with Minnesota really being the only win we can hang our hat onto who just got obliterated by Illinois this past weekend. 

• Plus1 2

I would bet we would be in the 20-25 range. I think enough voters would recognize the upswing we would be on, and looking at the 2019 schedule, assuming progress continues, it is not difficult to imagine double digits in the win column. Enough benefit of the doubt to get ranked, but enough hedging based on a losing record in 2018 that the ranking is low.

2 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

What will be our pre-season ranking next year after we finish this season out 3-0?

Top 10?

Top 25?

Unranked?

Give me your number.

(It is not hypothetical that we finish this season 3-0, it's fact)

Disclaimer:

ScottyIce bears no responsibility on your well-being after following his topics.

Somewhere 25-50, we should earn it no handouts.  Winning is the first priority, then the polls will take care of themselves.  We are definitely moving in the right direction.