May as well get hypothetical today..

1 hour ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Nebraska gets some votes but miss the top 25.  

I think it depends somewhat on which preseason poll you are talking about. I think our BEST chance might come from the preseason Amway Coaches Poll. However, I agree with those above who said we will need to show we can win first and I feel we will be in that "Others Getting Votes" category, just outside the Top 25 (if we win out). 

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Seems like people are confusing what we deserve and what’ll actually happen. I don’t think anyone’s saying we deserve it at 0-0 after going 5-7.

I think a lot of the experts are more grounded than us fans. Going into the season many Husker fans were a lot more optimistic than the experts who were predicting a losing season. If we now believe we should be unranked because that’s what we deserve following a 5-7 season, but we are ranked, great.  Anyway, I’m sure when next August rolls around many fans will be predicting CFP.

A strong showing on Black Friday,  nationally televised game would help put us in people’s minds, even though we are only blowing out Iowa. People need a reason to think about us and actually see what’s been going on, the improvement.  Most people just look at records and ours stinks. 

1 hour ago, r06ue1 said:

Unranked even if we finish 3 - 0.  

But, by the time we play OSU on 09/28, we will not only be ranked but that game will be a nationally televised Saturday night game.  

I'll take it one step further, that game will be chosen in March/April - whenever they choose their top picks- as a primetime game. We won't have to wait until September 16th to find out the game time for that one. Oh, and it'll be our first GAMEDAY since USC. ;)

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Seems like people are confusing what we deserve and what’ll actually happen. I don’t think anyone’s saying we deserve it at 0-0 after going 5-7.

Agreed. You and I always on the same page.... What should we do about that? ;)

12 minutes ago, Toe said:

Not happening. Even if we won out and managed to sneak into a bowl and win it, we ain't gonna be ranked in the preseason. Maybe receiving a a few votes, but that's about it.

What does finger say?

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

That's where I'm at.

I'm not saying we deserve to be a top 25 team just because we won 5 of our last 6 games and our only loss would be to a top 10 team.

But, there is one hell of a lot of buzz around this program right now and it's not just local.  Listen to opposing coaches after we play them.  It's not just Urban.  Listen to commentators about the program during games and in pre and post game programs.  People are impressed with the direction of this program, even though we only have two wins.  

If we win out, there will be a lot of hype about the program going into fall camp next year.....especially if we pull in a good recruiting class.

That is what those preseason rankings are based on. 

35 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I think it will be such a strong finish that the CFP committee will decide to unveil their rankings to begin the year and have us first closely followed by Bama, Clemson , and Michigan.  

You're not that far off.

I am a firm believer that they will be talking about us at the beginning of the year as a darkhorse for the B1G Championship.