Spartan visiting Lincoln/Memorial Stadium for the first time

Hello my fellow Big 10 people -

My friend and I are making the trip to Lincoln, NE for the first time (from Denver, CO) to watch our Spartans play Nebraska in a few weeks. I've been looking at tickets (2) and noticed that some rows on the sideline are too close to the field where the players may block your view a lot of the time.

Is this the case for say, section 25 or 27 row D? Will we have a decent view at the game or is it going to be staring at the backs of the players? what row should I be ideally looking for? We are willing to pony up $$$ for good seats.

ANY insight would be appreciated. Also, if you have tips what to do Friday night, Saturday before and after game - would love to hear it. Thanks y'all, much appreciated.

• Plus1 2

25 minutes ago, msuspartan said:

My friend and I are making the trip to Lincoln, NE for the first time (from Denver, CO) to watch our Spartans play Nebraska in a few weeks. I've been looking at tickets (2) and noticed that some rows on the sideline are too close to the field where the players may block your view a lot of the time.

Is this the case for say, section 25 or 27 row D? Will we have a decent view at the game or is it going to be staring at the backs of the players? what row should I be ideally looking for? We are willing to pony up $$$ for good seats.

ANY insight would be appreciated. Also, if you have tips what to do Friday night, Saturday before and after game - would love to hear it. Thanks y'all, much appreciated.

I’m 5’7 and wasn’t horribly bothered by being in row C. Row D would be slightly better. The top of the players will make it hard for you to see the action on the sideline nearest you. I’d say they covered up about 10-20% of the near side of the field when the ball was within 15 yards each direction left to right from where I was sitting.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, ZRod said:

Good news is you won't miss a thing with 5 video boards throughout the stadium.

Which I took for granted until I visited Ohio State. 

For food,  I just discovered Hop Cat in the Railyard downtown. The food was superb,  and the beer was excellent.  The Railyard is a great place to hang out Friday/Saturday night in general. 

I live in Denver also, the drive is about 7 hours, not bad at all.  I typically like to stay within walking distance of the stadium/downtown if possible to enjoy the atmosphere the most.  

Row D is ok but 3-10 between the 40s is my favorite.  If your willing to pay the money those would be my first choice.  There are a lot of restaurant and bar options in the Hay Market within easy walking distance of the stadium.  My boss and I like Buzzard Billy's for Cajun food before cold weather games.  

On 11/6/2018 at 12:50 PM, msuspartan said:

goddam, a spartan from Denver, I feel so sorry for you already.  If I had 50 yd line tix I'd give them to you just for that.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:00 PM, Atbone95 said:

Jakes? Cigarz?

Friends of mine own Cigarz - I'd say it's probably one of the best chances you've got of running into some old Husker legends on gameday. They're usually always grilling in the alley and stuff during football Saturdays as well - it's a nice little spot.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, dvdcrr said:

goddam, a spartan from Denver, I feel so sorry for you already.  If I had 50 yd line tix I'd give them to you just for that.

Wut? Solid academics and great athletic programs, maybe the best state in the US, please - feel sorry for me..

Gameweek bump. Any more suggestions welcome - any late night food/booze place for Friday?