Nebrasketball Game #2: Southeastern Louisiana- Sunday, November 11- 3:00 PM (ESPNU)

What will the game result be?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Southeastern Louisiana single digit win
    • Southeastern Louisiana double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/2018 at 09:17 PM

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Using that logic, the committee should’ve left out Virginia as well.

Uhh no. It was evident we were not motivated at all to play that game against MSU in the NIT. Also, Miss. State is in the top 25 right now so they seem to be trending upward. Virginia was a great team but an injury to that 6th man hurt them immensely. They got outplayed by a team with a chip on their shoulder with some decent players. The NIT is on a whole different level and if we were worthy of making the tourney, we would have gone a lot farther than the first round. 

7 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Uhh no. It was evident we were not motivated at all to play that game against MSU in the NIT. Also, Miss. State is in the top 25 right now so they seem to be trending upward. Virginia was a great team but an injury to that 6th man hurt them immensely. They got outplayed by a team with a chip on their shoulder with some decent players. The NIT is on a whole different level and if we were worthy of making the tourney, we would have gone a lot farther than the first round. 

Oh, so using new found logic, Virginia shouldn’t have gone past the first round, but should’ve been a 1 seed. Perhaps the 1 overall....

Hindsight is fun, I could use it plus your logic all day long.

23 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Oh, so using new found logic, Virginia shouldn’t have gone past the first round, but should’ve been a 1 seed. Perhaps the 1 overall....

Hindsight is fun, I could use it plus your logic all day long.

Quit jumping to conclusions so fast. They deserved the number one overall seed with that brutal schedule. With this, the regular season and postseason are two different animals. However, in basketball upsets can happen more often. One night you can shoot 60 percent and the next shoot low thirties.

Virginia got outplayed and probably overlooked UMBC. Bennett gave them the credit they deserved and now they move on. Not sure how that deals with Nebraska making the tourney or not. Our schedule was cupcake soft and we didn't get enough quality wins to make it in. The eye test proves we were the beneficiary of an easy schedule, just ask UCF football as they will again be left out for playing an easy schedule. I was as mad as the next guy we didn't make it, but in my mind, they got it right to leave us out. I believe we should have had a home game in the NIT though. 

• Plus1 1
On 11/9/2018 at 4:37 PM, Mavric said:

I kind of think us losing in the first round of the NIT to a #4 seed kind of proved that they were right to leave us out.

That doesn't prove anything. Using a data point after the fact of a decision, especially a data point that was effected by the decision made before it, to prove the rationale from before the decision was made is a logical fallacy.

52 minutes ago, Landlord said:

That doesn't prove anything. Using a data point after the fact of a decision, especially a data point that was effected by the decision made before it, to prove the rationale from before the decision was made is a logical fallacy.

A data point would be affected, not effected.

OK.  It doesn't prove anything.  But it corroborates the decision they made.

We didn't do anything to prove them wrong.  So there is nothing to show that they were screwing over Nebraska.