Trump's Taxes

Companies own LLCs as wholly owned subsidiaries.

I know I posted the above tweet.  But, there is a good chance this is nothing more than a normal business practice and transaction.

The biggest question is where did the LLC get the funds to loan to Trump.  A more common situation would be that Trump is doing a large project (hotel) in Chicago so they set up a wholly owned subsidiary in Illinois and Trump loans the LLC money to do it.  in this, the money is flowing the other direction.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know I posted the above tweet.  But, there is a good chance this is nothing more than a normal business practice and transaction.

The biggest question is where did the LLC get the funds to loan to Trump.  A more common situation would be that Trump is doing a large project (hotel) in Chicago so they set up a wholly owned subsidiary in Illinois and Trump loans the LLC money to do it.  in this, the money is flowing the other direction.

Wouldn’t there be proof of payments and/or interest if that scenario is it?

5 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Wouldn’t there be proof of payments and/or interest if that scenario is it?

There would be internal documents for the transaction.  But, since it's not a public company, it wouldn't available to the public.

PS....if the LLC received the money from outside the organization, the tax returns would show where it came from....I would think.

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The red flags begin to appear when your own LLC is loaning you 50 million. It may be nothing but that in particular doesn't seem normal. The example you gave seems like a normal business practice.

• 5 months later...

You never really know with SCOTUS, but this does not appear to be going well for Trump.

All the Supremes have to do is state the office of the president doesn't put you above everyone else. You're still subject to the law.

It says something about the politicization of the courts that we can't say for certain how they'll rule.

• Thanks 2