Will our democracy survive Trump?

Will our Democracy survive Trump?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Clifford Franklin said:

A Republican who dares to speak out against Trump is not a Democrat. FiveThirtyEight has Flake voting for the Trump agenda 84% of the time.

well...it wasn't 100% so that means he must be an evil degenerate lib democrat with demonic aspirations.

7 hours ago, commando said:

well...it wasn't 100% so that means he must be an evil degenerate lib democrat with demonic aspirations.

It's alright to disagree with an appointed official, that's what the 1st amendment is all about. I hated the Obama administration for eight long years, but I didn't cry about about it. 

• Plus1 1

Sorry, I am obviously new here so feel free to put me in my place. But this has to be one of the most ridiculous questions I have ever seen on a forum. Pretty sure America survived WW1, WW2, and the Civil War. The depression, civil right movements, and corrupt politicians/presidents. So I'm pretty sure America can survive a president that God forbid is a self proclaimed Nationalist rather then a Globalist.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Vegas said:

Sorry, I am obviously new here so feel free to put me in my place. But this has to be one of the most ridiculous questions I have ever seen on a forum. Pretty sure America survived WW1, WW2, and the Civil War. The depression, civil right movements, and corrupt politicians/presidents. So I'm pretty sure America can survive a president that God forbid is a self proclaimed Nationalist rather then a Globalist.

Wait, are you casually equating war, the Depression, and corruption with the civil rights movement?

10 hours ago, commando said:

lol.....he was a dem? wouldn't that mean he voted against kavanaugh?   heck    i don't know if you need more than 1 hand to count how many times he voted against trump.  

He spent the past 2 years actively campaigning against Trump and even wrote a book bashing Trump. I am not saying there can or should not be disagreements within a party, but Flake went over the top.  He is the Zell Miller of the GOP.

3 hours ago, Vegas said:

the right would never ask that?

radio giant Rush Limbaugh says that’s the wrong question to ask.

“That’s not the question. The question is: Will America last through Obama’s full term?” Limbaugh said on his program Monday.

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2013/06/will-u-s-even-survive-obamas-full-term/#XMAST4s8qCZ3XWyR.99

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

He spent the past 2 years actively campaigning against Trump and even wrote a book bashing Trump. I am not saying there can or should not be disagreements within a party, but Flake went over the top.  He is the Zell Miller of the GOP.

and that makes him a dem...voting for the conservative agenda but disagreeing with trump personally?

4 hours ago, Vegas said:

The question is whether its Democracy will survive. Trump has exposed the weakness of our checks and balances, which, if he doesn’t take advantage of himself, I think someone else could in the future. That didn't happen during any of those times you mentioned.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, Vegas said:

Welcome to crazy town in here. There are a lot of Anti-Trumpites in here that continue to post garbage like this.  Even if you dont lime Trump suggesting our Democracy will not survive is an over the top emotional play.

• Fire 1
9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Welcome to crazy town in here. There are a lot of Anti-Trumpites in here that continue to post garbage like this.  Even if you dont lime Trump suggesting our Democracy will not survive is an over the top emotional play.

whats crazier?   a few people on a random football message board asking if america will survive trump...or right wing propaganda  leaders like rush and hannity with millions of followers asking the same thing when obama was president?

6 minutes ago, commando said:

whats crazier?   a few people on a random football message board asking if america will survive trump...or right wing propaganda  leaders like rush and hannity with millions of followers asking the same thing when obama was president?

Obama didn't expose how weak our checks and balances are. So they're definitely not tied in craziness. I think people feel a little too safe in how invulnerable they think we are. And Republicans (in general) lack the imagination of how they would feel if a Democrat president fired the boss of the person investigating him/his family/his people and congress sat on their hands.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, commando said:

I agree that Hannity and Rush go over the top just as Maddow, Lemon and many posters on here do against Trump. Justifying your craziness and that of many anti-Trumpites on here by claiming Rush and Hannity do the same does not take away the crazy beliefs. :)

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree that Hannity and Rush go over the top just as Maddow, Lemon and many posters on here do against Trump. Justifying your craziness and that of many anti-Trumpites on here by claiming Rush and Hannity do the same does not take away the crazy beliefs. :)

the difference being we don't have millions of followers the hang on our every utterance and march according to what they are fed from those guys.   here it's less than 2 dozen people bitching about the annoying orange.   and for that we have some people here to trying to shame us for exercising that 1st amendment right.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I wish you would stop using the trend line for every scenario. I already explained how the economic trends you seem to want to give Obama credit for does not work. Had Obama passed all the tax cuts that Trump did, and cut regulations that Trump did, your logic would make sense. Yet Obama added regulations qnd did not cut them. He also did not pass such tax relief including cutting the corporate rate. Please just stop with this trend crap related to the benefits generated from Trump policies.

Your response to the evidence makes no sense. 

Just because you wish it would stop doesn't mean it should. 

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Your response to the evidence makes no sense. 

Just because you wish it would stop doesn't mean it should. 

Sorry but two key questions still bring silence from you and others. Did Obama pass legislation to reduce tax rates including the corp rate? Did Obama pursue lessening regulations as Trump has...simple questions.

Now if there is a trend where there were no policy changes enacted by Trump to alter the trend, that would be a situation where the trend analogy would hold true. For instance, divisions in this country were high under Obama, and that trend has continued under Trump. I dont think Trump has done enough to combat the bitter divisions that grew under Obama. 

• Plus1 1