Will our democracy survive Trump?

Will our Democracy survive Trump?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

All those red flashing warning lights are an aphrodisiac to @Archy1221

because we aren't a democracy anyway, amirite?

Depends.  The flashing red lights in Amsterdam maybe, the ones on an ambulance or police car not so much.

The country has surged an infant government, an early war just after becoming a government, a civil war that decimated the male population, two world wars, social strife that prompted needed social change.   I think we will be fine.  Unless the Dems f#&% it up I guess:dunno

Spoiler
  • Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Depends.  The flashing red lights in Amsterdam maybe, the ones on an ambulance or police car not so much.

The country has surged an infant government, an early war just after becoming a government, a civil war that decimated the male population, two world wars, social strife that prompted needed social change.   I think we will be fine.  Unless the Dems f#&% it up I guess:dunno

Reveal hidden contents

It does require a fight, much like the one fought by those Civil Rights activists we survived. 

But when you come to realize that January 6 was merely the visible side of an anti-democracy coup, and that some Republicans think leftists like Liz Cheney should stay in her lane and shut up, you do wonder if elections themselves are no longer sacred. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I always find it interesting when a staunch Republican today mentions this as a major accomplishment from our past.

It's true. The mark of progress and the whole 20th Century American montage is the fight for labor, the fight against fascism, the fight for civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, the fight against an unjust war, the fight to save the planet, now the fight to stop a pandemic. 

The GOP often pretends it was their fight, too. But it usually wasn't. Some have stopped pretending altogether. 

I think a majority would have sided with the British against the American colony terrorists, and they definitely would have sided with Rome against Jesus. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's true. The mark of progress and the whole 20th Century American montage is the fight for labor, the fight against fascism, the fight for civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, the fight against an unjust war, the fight to save the planet, now the fight to stop a pandemic. 

The GOP often pretends it was their fight, too. But it usually wasn't. Some have stopped pretending altogether. 

I think a majority would have sided with the British against the American colony terrorists, and they definitely would have sided with Rome against Jesus. 

They're currently siding with Russia so I mean you're probably right. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

so all the republicans wanted to do was shut down a pipeline...that currently isn't operating.      did putin tell cruz what sanctions he wanted placed on russia?    that wasn't even a slap on the wrist.

Interesting take on Democrats using a tool they consider racist to help Russia 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1