Jump to content
Moiraine

Will our democracy survive Trump?

Will our Democracy survive Trump?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

 

He's all we have left!

 

And yet he's on the right. It's like a yin yang thing.

 

3fKyVXE.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

 

There are many on the right that prefer to remain silent.  Look at the silent Trump vote from 2016.  I do imagine if you ran a poll of every member on this forum and they all responded you would see more leaning to the right than left.  

 

I just hope we didn't chase them all away with our cogent observations, requests for clarification, and supporting links. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

 

I just hope we didn't chase them all away with our cogent observations, requests for clarification, and supporting links. 

We killed them all in October during the Kavanaugh hearings, evidently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

We killed them all in October during the Kavanaugh hearings, evidently.

 

But they came out in force when Kavanaugh was confirmed.

 

Then they disappeared again.

 

Eerie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty true observation:

 

Quote

Yet the strangest thing about life in the United States in 2018 is that every time Trump sits down for an interview like this, he gives new evidence that we should almost certainly be glad he’s too lazy to actually bother doing his job most of the time. After all, he has no real understanding of any of the relevant issues.

 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/19/18101383/trump-chris-wallace-fox-news-sunday-interview

 

Speaking of the Saudi Prince's involvement of the recent murder and Trump's refusal to acknowledge MBS leadership in the murder:

 

Quote

 

Whether this stems from Trump’s corrupt financial relationships, a natural affinity for authoritarian leaders, or just some kind of all-around cluelessness, it’s a reminder that having Trump rather than some generic Republican in office does make a difference, even though Trump backs generic Republican policies 99 percent of the time. Weird, unexpected things happen in the world, and then when Trump puts his personal stamp on American policy, it sometimes turns out to be horrendously misguided.

I’m inclined to see something corrupt behind Trump’s weird credulity regarding foreign dictators, but his take on domestic political events does raise the prospect that he’s simply ignorant.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Pretty true observation:

 

 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/19/18101383/trump-chris-wallace-fox-news-sunday-interview

 

Speaking of the Saudi Prince's involvement of the recent murder and Trump's refusal to acknowledge MBS leadership in the murder:

 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:
  Quote

 

Whether this stems from Trump’s corrupt financial relationships, a natural affinity for authoritarian leaders, or just some kind of all-around cluelessness, it’s a reminder that having Trump rather than some generic Republican in office does make a difference, even though Trump backs generic Republican policies 99 percent of the time. Weird, unexpected things happen in the world, and then when Trump puts his personal stamp on American policy, it sometimes turns out to be horrendously misguided.

I’m inclined to see something corrupt behind Trump’s weird credulity regarding foreign dictators, but his take on domestic political events does raise the prospect that he’s simply ignorant.

 

To the bolded:  This is exactly what I've been trying to explain to all of my MAGA friends and family members.  Even to people here like Ric and HuskerNation.  I would have voted for almost any other Republican candidate over Hillary Clinton.  But to me, the "sanity" of America, wasn't negotiable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

To the bolded:  This is exactly what I've been trying to explain to all of my MAGA friends and family members.  Even to people here like Ric and HuskerNation.  I would have voted for almost any other Republican candidate over Hillary Clinton.  But to me, the "sanity" of America, wasn't negotiable...

Agree - anyone but Hillary ...... and Trump. 

 

More on the Wallace interview - on NK - we were close to war and now Trump is in denial regarding NK undermining the negotiation with new activity.

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/19/18102607/trump-fox-news-sunday-interview-wallace-north-korea

 

Quote

 

Wallace brought up the issue during the interview on Sunday, noting “there’s talk that [North Koreans are] putting up new sites.” Trump quickly deflected.

“Maybe they are. Maybe they’re not. I don’t believe that. I don’t. And, you know, could. And which is — if it — if that’s the way it goes, that’s the way it goes. You know, I go with the way we have to go,” the president said.

So Trump doesn’t currently agree with the available intelligence that North Korea is gaining strength while it engages in talks with the US. And while it’s unclear how he feels about secret intelligence he’s privy to, it’s possible he’d come to the same conclusion.

It’s “the policy of denuclearization by denial and delusion,” Vipin Narang, a nuclear expert at MIT, told me. “Hear no evil, see no evil.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×