Hi

Roxy15

13 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup last Sunday evening. It was ok but really needed more flavor. I used broth for liquid.  What else could I have used that would add more flavor and brighten it up?

Here's a good video on making a chicken noodle soup (and a link to making the chicken broth if you want to up the flavor), once you see how it's done you can change it to use whatever you want:

https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2012/02/classic-chicken-noodle-soup-thank.html

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

That stuff is  amazing. We use it  a lot 

Yeah, it's pretty good. But none of the pre-made broths can compare to making it yourself. We used to buy the whole rotisserie chickens for dinner and then make broth from the scraps and carcass. Now we've switched to roasting whole chickens (and occasionally turkeys) ourselves, and the broth made from those scraps and carcass is amazing. (And whole chickens are inexpensive - about $2/lb.)

On 11/9/2018 at 3:13 PM, RedDenver said:

Yeah, it's pretty good. But none of the pre-made broths can compare to making it yourself. We used to buy the whole rotisserie chickens for dinner and then make broth from the scraps and carcass. Now we've switched to roasting whole chickens (and occasionally turkeys) ourselves, and the broth made from those scraps and carcass is amazing. (And whole chickens are inexpensive - about $2/lb.)

If you have a Sam's or Costco in your area, their rotisserie chickens are usually about $5, which is a steal.  At my local supermarket I can get whole chickens on sale for $.98/lb sometimes, but that's about as cheap as they go.  Even at that price they're about the same as a cooked Sam's chicken.  So I buy the sale chickens for when I need parts for a meal, and save the scraps for broth (along with the ends of carrots, onions, shallots, potatoes, garlic, etc), toss that all into the freezer until I'm ready to make more stock, then roast it all until it's golden & then render down.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

If you have a Sam's or Costco in your area, their rotisserie chickens are usually about $5, which is a steal.  At my local supermarket I can get whole chickens on sale for $.98/lb sometimes, but that's about as cheap as they go.  Even at that price they're about the same as a cooked Sam's chicken.  So I buy the sale chickens for when I need parts for a meal, and save the scraps for broth (along with the ends of carrots, onions, shallots, potatoes, garlic, etc), toss that all into the freezer until I'm ready to make more stock, then roast it all until it's golden & then render down.

That's a good plan. I'm no longer a fan of the rotisserie chickens because the quality isn't anywhere near what I can make at home (mostly the quality varies widely from chicken to chicken). But they're usually decent to good quality and very convenient, so I still end up getting one every once in a while when dinner plans have fallen through.