1966 Huskers

Cool pic. I’ve never seen one that old from the south side with the ramps exposed like that. And the coliseum even looked old way back then. I don’t have any memory of the outside of the coliseum but I did attend the 1972 State class A high school basketball championship game there. My first game in the stadium would’ve been in about 74 or 75. It was against KSU is all I remember.

3 hours ago, krc1995 said:

How did they ever watch a game without a big screen? 

Didn't have to worry about it much since you were lucky to get 1 regular season game a year back then. For a long time the max. a team could be on TV for regular season games was 3 times in any 2 year period. Got to listen to Lyell Bremser on KFAB. In an odd way, I really miss those days. Lots of great memories.

Oh, big screen in the stadium? Kind of miss those days too when the fans were focused on the game itself and not some grand overreaching entertainment experience that ends up being a nonstop commercialized barrage of advertisements. Games back then had a flow to them that the modern game lacks with more football and way less dead time. Games were generally in the 2 1/2  hour range, not the 3 1/2 hours we have now even with the clock stopping and staying stopped when the ball carrier went out of bounds.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Oh, big screen in the stadium? Kind of miss those days too when the fans were focused on the game itself and not some grand overreaching entertainment experience that ends up being a nonstop commercialized barrage of advertisements. Games back then had a flow to them that the modern game lacks with more football and way less dead time. Games were generally in the 2 1/2  hour range, not the 3 1/2 hours we have now even with the clock stopping and staying stopped when the ball carrier went out of bounds.

The TV/media timeouts and advertisements are one thing, but when it comes to in stadium experience, Nebraska is actually somewhat unique in college football as far as entertainment and production. You go watch a game at Michigan for example, and there are zero corporate advertisements or official sponsors of anything, and almost no piped in PA music during gameplay. It's one thing I wish NU did better - husker games are much more like a pro experience than a quintessential college one that tons of schools still operate on.