1966 Huskers

wow that's cool, I was born 1 month earlier a few miles away. My great aunt bought that gas station which I believe is at 9:00 in that pic about 2 years later which became The Big Red Shop. The garage doors were still in the ceiling . On the other side of the family, my grandparents lived across the street and were friends with the Devaneys on C street..I have many great memories of that.

The Big Red shop was the site of many "ESPN Game days" back in the 90s. She let Players park there for jerseys and stuff. I have a bunch of it. Had a dave rimington jersey(stolen from me in college), have a signed 1985 ball by entire team and staff. etc..the land was sold to the university for a tidy sum in the early 2000s and is now the champions club. There's a plaque in there about it. I was told my grandmother helped her sis with the books by hand --pencil and national pad, until her death in the 90s.

So cool thanks for posting. I'm going to send that to my dad. 

6 hours ago, huskered17 said:

I know one thing that has changed. that isn't in any pic. They used to let us in free at halftime, through the gate on the south west side. :)

GBR!!!

I remember selling our tickets when I was in school, then rushing in at half-time.  Seems there were small metal risers on the north side of the east sideline that were kind of first come first serve where we'd go stand.  We'd get in on the NorthEast corner gate and quite often the old dude there would let us in well before half time.

7 hours ago, huskered17 said:

I know one thing that has changed. that isn't in any pic. They used to let us in free at halftime, through the gate on the south west side. :)

GBR!!!

I got in for free once during the 2012 season. Still not exactly sure how, but it was something to do with miscommunicated staffing during the construction of the stadium expansion, because I was just trying to get around the stadium and before I knew it I found myself inside of it. So I stayed and snuck into the student section. I think that was Michigan 2012.