*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

You need to be able to call the right plays and see the big picture...chinander can’t do that...he gets saved by the play that some excellent athletes do. In other words, te athletes make him look like a better play caller than he really is. I am sure you have some smart comment on this as well.

Nah, I don't pretend to be smarter than Chinander at calling a defense.

4 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I like how people are criticizing chin but not saying how they would change it.  The armchair defensive coordinators who think they know football when they know very little. C'mon chin haters, how would you change it?  Instead of bitching why don't you explain it?  We don't have talent on defense but apparently everyone thinks they can just make talent out of thin air.

Not a guru, but I'd look at getting into a base 4-3 until we get the NT who can eat/disrupt 2 guys.  I'd go with heavier sets ie beef on beef at the goal line or in obvious short yardage plays.

In reality, schematically, we are in place.  Guys bite on any head bob or PA.  Don't set the edge.  Don't keep guys on their inside shoulder.  Incredibly poor pursuit angles.....That's not coaching,  That's the kids.