*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, man eating mastodon said:

I get the turn over stat but at sometime you have to shut down opposing  teams to win.

And sometimes you don't, like today. You know UCF shut Memphis down the first time they played right? Chin may not be the answer, but the D is playing harder than last year. I remember before the season many said they just wanted to see us look like we cared. Well we do now and we are slowly improving. I'm willing to give Chin another year before I say he needs to go. Biggest improvement typically happens in year 2. I think Chin will impress.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

And sometimes you don't, like today. You know UCF shut Memphis down the first time they played right? Chin may not be the answer, but the D is playing harder than last year. I remember before the season many said they just wanted to see us look like we cared. Well we do now and we are slowly improving. I'm willing to give Chin another year before I say he needs to go. Biggest improvement typically happens in year 2. I think Chin will impress.

Definitely  see more effort,just the same execution as last year. I hope chin can get it done but I  have doubts 

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Except the problem isn’t Chin... once again it’s players with no instincts.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Except the problem isn’t Chin... once again it’s players with no instincts.

Probably a combination of both but a sample size of 1 season isn't enough to know what we have. He's also been a defensive coordinator a total of 2.75 seasons. For now I'm willing to assume he might learn and get better at it.

• Fire 1