What did we learn: Illinois

well, I learned the following, starting with the positive first:

(1) We have a very special offense and we can play with the best of them. We can score on anyone.

(2) Adrian Martinez is a STUD and he will only get better. He might be our best shot to have another Heisman winner in almost two decades.

(3) Spielman and Stanley are NFL caliber receivers and we will be seeing Stanley in the NFL next year.

(4) We can actually block a punt...yeah

(5) Our defense is horrible against the run...they are really struggling and that has cost us a few games this year. We simply struggle to stop good running backs even when we know they will be carrying the ball.

(6) Saying that our kicker is bad is an understatement of the year...WE NEED A DECENT KICKER VERY SOON.

(7) Our special teams are still work in progress but they showed some improvements today.

(8) We need our defense to show up next week early because if we let Michigan State start quick, it will be hard for us to score on their defense.

(9) We still commit too many penalties with some being silly with bad timing.

(10) I never thought I would be so happy and hopeful with a 3-7 record but this is the most exciting 3-7 team in the country. 

Go Big Red! 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 5

2 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Agreed, Alabama is on their own level.Tau would carve those guys up 

Don’t get me wrong.  The Husker offense is pretty dynamic right now.  We are just not there yet for Alabama.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Man. Someone rolled their eyes at this. What crazy world do people live in where beating Illinois means we can hang with Alabama?

I have some fanboys on here that eye roll pretty much everything I post.  It’s quite flattering.

• Plus1 1