Nebraska v Michigan State: 11 am on FOX

seaofred92

35 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

This will be the best defense we've played since Michigan so should offer a very good look into just how far we have come offensively since then.  The Ohio State offense looked like crap against them, they simply do not make many mistakes.  Ohio State's D really slammed the door on them but that is due to Sparty's offensive ineptitude.  My guess is we will see a good dose of MSU running backs getting the ball in this one.  This game should be really close and may come down to a late field goal to win it.

Agree 100%. The bold has me worried.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

gotta fix our pathetic run D..........

Agreed - the next two weeks are a good chance to see if we've learned from playing Michigan and Wisconsin. I don't know if the coaches are still figuring out how to stop power running teams or if the players just need to see it more, but neither team has a great offense so there aren't many excuses. I am more worried about their defense than others appear to be, but we should be able to score some. They've got a top-2 run defense by YPG and YPC, but the pass defense is (at least statistically) vulnerable.

As long as we get a few stops and don't turn it over, I like our chances. If we can't get the run fits figured out and they get a couple turnovers it could be rough though, we need the front 7 to step up.

14 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

This will be a real test for a game. MSU will play physical and they will need to win this game to keep their season from being a big disappointment. They only put up 6 points vs Ohio State, so seeing how our defense does should be interesting. 

With the exception of Ohio State and Michigan, is there a single B1G team that isn't having a disappointing season?  At first glance, one might be inclined to say Northwestern as they've locked up the West.  However, their season hasn't exactly been that great either by losing to Akron and Duke. 

4 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

With the exception of Ohio State and Michigan, is there a single B1G team that isn't having a disappointing season?  At first glance, one might be inclined to say Northwestern as they've locked up the West.  However, their season hasn't exactly been that great either by losing to Akron and Duke. 

I'd have to say just Michigan and Northwestern.  If Ohio State manages to beat Michigan they can be added to the list but if not they will consider their season pretty disappointing, despite the record.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'd have to say just Michigan and Northwestern.  If Ohio State manages to beat Michigan they can be added to the list but if not they will consider their season pretty disappointing, despite the record.

I meant thus far into the season.  If Michigan loses to Ohio State and or loses in the B1G Championship, I'm sure they'll consider their season pretty disappointing.  If Northwestern would somehow manage to win the B1G Championship, the B1G will once again be left out of the playoff which would be disappointing to all.

Just now, junior4949 said:

I meant thus far into the season.  If Michigan loses to Ohio State and or loses in the B1G Championship, I'm sure they'll consider their season pretty disappointing.  If Northwestern would somehow manage to win the B1G Championship, the B1G will once again be left out of the playoff which would be disappointing to all.

I know.  I'd say most Ohio State fans would be somewhat disappointed with their season so far, despite the record.  If the beat Michigan, they'll be happier.