Ozigbo

I’d be surprised if his 40 is much different than it ever was.

what you see now is a result of conditioning.  He is now able to maintain top speed which he was not previously able to do.

Once you reach top speed you immediately begin to lose it.  I don’t remember right of hand but I think most top level sprinters are at full speed around 30-40 meters.  It’s those would can minimize the fall off who appear to be “faster”.  It’s not as much of a break away as it is a fall off for the others.  

I’m sure Ryan Held knows the answer to OP’s question and is going to use Ozigbo as a Sterling Example of the DIFFERENCE coming to Nebraska under Frost/Duval/Epley can have to shaping a player’s development (and opportunity to play at the next level). The difference between this year’s Ozigbo and previous years is night & day. Kudos to him for putting in the work.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I was watching the game with a buddy, and after the first 66 yard td, I commented that somewhere Riley is watching, thinking "holy moly, I didn't know he could run like that, gee wiz." 

Thinking about next year, we lose both Morgan and Zig. Although, I love having Morgan on the team, I'm ok with him moving on, because he's had a great career here. I feel for Zig though. He's showing what he's made of and looks like he's having a blast. His talents were so mismanaged by the last staff, he has to be wishing he had more time in the program. I really hope ge gets his due in the NFL next year. The kid deserves it.

If he has big games against MSU and Iowa he'll have a chance to get noticed by the NFL.

I just looked and he's currently 24th in the country and has the 15th highest YPC

• Plus1 1

I've always thought Ahman Green was the best running back to ever play at NU.  Behind the 95' OL, Green averaged 7.7 yards per carry while Phillips averaged 7.4.  Green rushed for 42 TDs while Phillips rushed for just 33.  In terms of career rushing averages, Green came in at 6.8 yards per carry while Phillips was at 6.1.  Green also outgained Phillips as a receiver by 1.6 yards per catch.  Like I said, I always thought Green was the most complete running back to play at NU.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, junior4949 said:

I've always thought Ahman Green was the best running back to ever play at NU.  Behind the 95' OL, Green averaged 7.7 yards per carry while Phillips averaged 7.4.  Green rushed for 42 TDs while Phillips rushed for just 33.  In terms of career rushing averages, Green came in at 6.8 yards per carry while Phillips was at 6.1.  Green also outgained Phillips as a receiver by 1.6 yards per catch.  Like I said, I always thought Green was the most complete running back to play at NU.

LP carried the team for much of the '94 season.  That season alone gives him the leg up on Green.

14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

LP carried the team for much of the '94 season.  That season alone gives him the leg up on Green.

Carried the team as in three of his OL were named 1st Team All Americans?  One of those three OL won both the Outland and UPI Lineman of the year.  The 94' OL was the best OL Nebraska has ever fielded.  In 97', Green rushed for more yards on less carries behind an OL that was good but not 94' good. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Carried the team as in three of his OL were named 1st Team All Americans?  One of those three OL won both the Outland and UPI Lineman of the year.  The 94' OL was the best OL Nebraska has ever fielded.  In 97', Green rushed for more yards on less carries behind an OL that was good but not 94' good. 

Check out the '94 K-State game where LP played with a broken thumb on his right hand, with a walk-on QB starting.  He carried the team to victory that day.

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Even Jeff Smith was faster than Rozier, and Ahman Green may have been the fastest back to ever play at Nebraska.

How fast was Rozier?  He'd still be my pick as the best, but that's just my opinion.  Like I said, I don't believe the 40 time is the most important thing about a good back.  They have to be fast but not a real rocket ship.

I agree with Junior about Green, I think he was better than Phillips.  He may have been as good or better than Rozier.  He did much better in the pros.

Edited by Mrsnerdly55

To think Ziggy was our "power back" last year.   Imagine if he had 3 years under Frost and his staff.    The difference is just amazing.

I wonder if that Kentucky RB commit has 2nd thoughts - since he surprised most by committing to Kentuck over Nebraska, Kentuck has gone downhill and NU is on the rise and our running game has become something to behold. 

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

To think Ziggy was our "power back" last year.   Imagine if he had 3 years under Frost and his staff.    The difference is just amazing.

I wonder if that Kentucky RB commit has 2nd thoughts - since he surprised most by committing to Kentuck over Nebraska, Kentuck has gone downhill and NU is on the rise and our running game has become something to behold. 

Don't want him. Wish him the best at Kentucky. Will be plenty of studs wanting his place in line.