Brohm gone?

OH HSKR FAN

Not sure which job is more difficult. Louisville is in the wrong division with Clemson and FSU. The big ten west is so bad purdue with Brohm could challenge for it until frost gets things rolling of course.

But that's his school and so it's probably where his heart is.

One interesting thing is how much money Louisville has to spend. I don't know anything about their finances but they owe their last coach 13 million. 

59 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think he gets like 3 million a Purdue...Which means Ville will have to pony up...1.5 more?  2?

I have no idea if he is married or not...but WL is okay and close to Chicago but I would think Ville is a nicer place to live.

Brohm making $3.8M this year

Petrino $3.98M

4 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

It would shock me if a deal wasn't already in place, just waiting for the right time to announce.

With Petrino's buyout being 14 mil, it definitely has that feeling. That's a sizable chunk of change for a struggling athletic department to pay out just because he has a bad season.

3 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Not sure which job is more difficult. Louisville is in the wrong division with Clemson and FSU.

I don't think it's that different in terms of winning a conference title. It's easier to win the Big Ten West, but you face a playoff contender in whomever comes out of the East. The Atlantic is easily the toughest division in the ACC due to Clemson, but the Coastal division is usually not very strong. Harder to get there in one, but easier to win it in the other. If Frost can get this turned around, I'm not sure that even holds.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The problem is this...they are very much in the same situation as Nebraska was last year.  They have their "golden boy" out there for the taking and if they don't get him there are not many other names that will make the fans happy.

That's a good point. If Louisville wants to take football seriously, they have to pull out all the stops and empty the vault to make it happen. Imagine the despair of Husker fans now and forever if some other school had outbid Nebraska for Frost's services, and he needed up being successful wherever while NU's misery and mediocrity became permanent.

• Plus1 1