Brohm gone?

OH HSKR FAN

18 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I get Purdue isnt a great job, but I just dont get why he would hit reset now with how things are taking a turn at Purdue....

That being said, I am sure people said the same thing about Scott Frost with UCF/Nebraska.

I think Scott Frost is an apt comparison because of the ties Brohm has to Louisville, but, I also think one could rationalize a couple of other things about the move: Louisville is the better job and Purdue is on a path to finish with a record around where they did last season. Perhaps he feels they still have a long way to go and, if there's going to be a rebuild, it may as well be at a place where he has his heart.

20 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

That really sucks for Purdue. Just when they were starting to turn a corner. 

Wonder if they can hang on to Rondale Moore.

Honestly, there's zero reason why Purdue can't go out and throw money at a quality name coach to come there. Now, it may take a bigger number than other schools, but with the B1G money this conference is pulling in, there's no reason to scuttle the success they've built there. 

Here's hoping Purdue decides to invest in their program. This conference and our division could use a quality Purdue over a doormat Purdue.

• Plus1 2

Agree with @VectorVictor.  Purdue was paying Brohm ~$4mm/year.  You can get yourself a darn good coach for that level of money.  There are some really good Group of 5 coaches out there right now.  Off the top of my head here are probably going to be the P5 jobs that will come open (in no particular order).

Colorado

USC

Kansas

Purdue

Rutgers

UNC

K State

Maryland 

You figure CU will go with a guy like Jim Leavitt or Eric Bieniemy.  Neal Brown is gonna get snatched up for sure (would love/hate to see Purdue or Maryland hire him).  A guy like Seth Littrell at UNT makes sense for a school like Kansas.  Although, it's Kansas so they'll screw it up and hire Les Miles.  I'd like to see K State hire BB as I loathe K State and BB so the two of them together would essentially make them a Bond villain.  BB is a heckuva coach and his physical style of play matches up with what Snyder tries to do.  Candle from Toledo is gonna get a call from someone.  If I were him, I'd take the UNC gig but not sure I'd want any part of the Rutgers job.  Man...that job is hard. 

As for USC...man I don't know.  I hope USC really tries to go out of the box again like they did with Carroll but I fear they'll end up hiring Jeff Fisher/Jack Del Rio which to me are 'meh' hires.  USC totally screwed the pooch because they could've had Chris Peterson but decided not to hire him because they thought Sarkisian (!!!) was the better play.  As a closet UW fan, I'm eternally grateful.  I'm also curious where Matt Wells from Utah State ends up.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Honestly, there's zero reason why Purdue can't go out and throw money at a quality name coach to come there. Now, it may take a bigger number than other schools, but with the B1G money this conference is pulling in, there's no reason to scuttle the success they've built there. 

Here's hoping Purdue decides to invest in their program. This conference and our division could use a quality Purdue over a doormat Purdue.

They can do that but the issue is that it is looked at as a stepping stone. They should just wait till Drew Brees retires and hire him....

19 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

They can do that but the issue is that it is looked at as a stepping stone. They should just wait till Drew Brees retires and hire him....

PURDUE WILL BE LETHAL WHEN THEY'RE ALL JACKED UP ON BREES' ADVOCARE SUPPLEMENTS! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1