Brohm gone?

OH HSKR FAN

23 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Frost went through the same struggle, lucky us.

Scott decided to shun his alma mater and instead stay at his current university? In all honesty this is all about leadership. Brohm will either go to Louisville the next go around in a 3 or 4 years after the AD etc is fired and starts new or he is waiting for a bigger gig that will be open in a year or two. 

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Scott decided to shun his alma mater and instead stay at his current university? In all honesty this is all about leadership. Brohm will either go to Louisville the next go around in a 3 or 4 years after the AD etc is fired and starts new or he is waiting for a bigger gig that will be open in a year or two. 

No, Frost went through the same struggle of deciding to go back to his alma mater or stay at the school where he built something and recruited players to.  My concern about whether Frost would come to UNL wasn't if he would go to Florida or some other job that was open.  My concern was his sense of loyalty to the players and the program he created at UCF might cause him to stay at UCF.  I believe TO recently confirmed that was the case.  We got lucky that Frost felt industrious and came home to rebuild his alma mater.  Also, I wanted UCF to go undefeated so Frost didn't feel he left something undone.  I don't know anything about UL's leadership and whether that was a concern for Brohm.  Based on what I saw about Brohm's character, I thought he might stay at Purdue and I believe he stays for more than a few years.  If Brohm accomplishes something significant at Purdue before that, he could leave.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

No, Frost went through the same struggle of deciding to go back to his alma mater or stay at the school where he built something and recruited players to.  My concern about whether Frost would come to UNL wasn't if he would go to Florida or some other job that was open.  My concern was his sense of loyalty to the players and the program he created at UCF might cause him to stay at UCF.  I believe TO recently confirmed that was the case.  We got lucky that Frost felt industrious and came home to rebuild his alma mater.  Also, I wanted UCF to go undefeated so Frost didn't feel he left something undone.  I don't know anything about UL's leadership and whether that was a concern for Brohm.  Based on what I saw about Brohm's character, I thought he might stay at Purdue and I believe he stays for more than a few years.  If Brohm accomplishes something significant at Purdue before that, he could leave.

money always talks, I have a hard time believing if an elite job comes open he would turn it down. Perhaps they wouldnt let him bring his entire staff etc. Who really knows the ins and outs but Louisville>Purdue in the world of public perception. 

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

money always talks, I have a hard time believing if an elite job comes open he would turn it down. Perhaps they wouldnt let him bring his entire staff etc. Who really knows the ins and outs but Louisville>Purdue in the world of public perception. 

Dude drives a 2005 Honda Accord.  I don't think money is a big motivator for him.