CFB Coaching Carousel 2018-2019

GSG

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Why on earth would they be upset at this? Once I saw who they were hiring I thought it was a great hire.

Edit: I wandered on over to their forum and they thought they might get Brent Venables :facepalm:. He was a GA at KSU and coached LB for 3 years. Or Jim Leavitt who is Oregon's OC and coached at KSU for 6 years. I suppose it's a little like Nebraska fans talking about getting Kevin Steele every time we need a DC because he coached here 6 years, but that's for DC, not head coach.

Example posts:

"Champion of the little league division. Dude has no recruiting ties to Texas. Total disaster hire. It will be proven out. You thought Prince was bad. Jesus."

"The whole process was a clown show and ended with a comically bad hire for a ridiculous amount of money and your guy is not even being on full time immediately. If you truly believe this is a good hire, you are 100% part of the problem. KState is a better program than hiring an FCS coach with essentially 0 FBS experience and no recruiting ties. If you think KState is not above that, then I can’t begin to understand you."

"We just hired a guy with almost no P5 experience, who doesn’t recruit our main recruiting grounds, and has never recruited P5 level talent. He might be a great coach but if he can’t recruit it won’t matter."

What recruiting are they talking about? They were 72nd, 61st, and 65th the last 3 years. I looked at a few other years and they are consistently ranked in the 70s. That's worse than some G5 teams. Just having a new young(er) coach should help keep their recruiting around the same level as Snyder had.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Why on earth would they be upset at this? Once I saw who they were hiring I thought it was a great hire.

Edit: I wandered on over to their forum and they thought they might get Brent Venables :facepalm:. He was a GA at KSU and coached LB for 3 years. Or Jim Leavitt who is Oregon's OC and coached at KSU for 6 years. I suppose it's a little like Nebraska fans talking about getting Kevin Steele every time we need a DC because he coached here 6 years, but that's for DC, not head coach.

Example posts:

"Champion of the little league division. Dude has no recruiting ties to Texas. Total disaster hire. It will be proven out. You thought Prince was bad. Jesus."

"The whole process was a clown show and ended with a comically bad hire for a ridiculous amount of money and your guy is not even being on full time immediately. If you truly believe this is a good hire, you are 100% part of the problem. KState is a better program than hiring an FCS coach with essentially 0 FBS experience and no recruiting ties. If you think KState is not above that, then I can’t begin to understand you."

"We just hired a guy with almost no P5 experience, who doesn’t recruit our main recruiting grounds, and has never recruited P5 level talent. He might be a great coach but if he can’t recruit it won’t matter."

What recruiting are they talking about? They were 72nd, 61st, and 65th the last 3 years. I looked at a few other years and they are consistently ranked in the 70s. That's worse than some G5 teams. Just having a new young(er) coach should help keep their recruiting around the same level as Snyder had.

Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing.  Sounds like they're just not happy because he isn't some well known bigger name coach.  Ist coach post Snyder too for them.  Not making excuses but yes they need to come back down to earth a little bit I'm thinking.

9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Example posts:

Jim Leavitt was a real possibility as he has it in his contract everywhere he goes that there will be no penalty if he leaves to be the HC at KSU. But when you ask what are they talking about, try living in the state surrounded by K-State fans, especially those under 35. They dont remember when KSU sucked before Snyder, and god forbid you say something bad about him. They are delusional and honestly believe KSU is a top tier program. I have said for years that Bill Snyder is the CFB equivalent of Marty Schottenhiemer, a great coach who played it way to conservative in big games, and that KSU is destined for mediocrity because they'll never find another Bill Snyder who will be able to consistently win at a high level like he did in the late 90's. 

Oh and they will totally ignore Snyder's poor recruiting because of his reputation to develop the kids he brought in. In all honesty I hope they suck forever, they are terrible fans and I have never been treated so poorly when I went there a few years back and watched T-Mart run all over them, they were down right despicable. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Jim Leavitt was a real possibility as he has it in his contract everywhere he goes that there will be no penalty if he leaves to be the HC at KSU. But when you ask what are they talking about, try living in the state surrounded by K-State fans, especially those under 35. They dont remember when KSU sucked before Snyder, and god forbid you say something bad about him. They are delusional and honestly believe KSU is a top tier program. I have said for years that Bill Snyder is the CFB equivalent of Marty Schottenhiemer, a great coach who played it way to conservative in big games, and that KSU is destined for mediocrity because they'll never find another Bill Snyder who will be able to consistently win at a high level like he did in the late 90's. 

Oh and they will totally ignore Snyder's poor recruiting because of his reputation to develop the kids he brought in. In all honesty I hope they suck forever, they are terrible fans and I have never been treated so poorly when I went there a few years back and watched T-Mart run all over them, they were down right despicable. 

Gotcha. That’s pretty crazy about Leavitt. I wonder if they interviewed him. 

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Example posts:

Where did you find these posts? I'm looking for some entertainment

10 minutes ago, GSG said:

Wow, some of those KSUx fans don't want him to be allowed to choose his own staff because he's "a rookie at this level." Who the hell do they think they are?

It’s like they think they’re going from Tom Osborne to someone with a losing record in high school football. They are dillusional.

Snyder was a great coach but it’s not like they won a bunch of national championships and now they’re going to be awful.

39 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Back in the 90s, it made sense that K-St fans didn't know anything about football or how to handle any kind of success, since they had been historically terrible. But after a whole generation of being somewhat decent, K-St fans are still clueless. Too bad.

It's because they learned from a bunch of clueless fans to be clueless d-bags