Sign in to follow this  
BigRedBuster

Tweets

Is anyone else experiencing teeets embedding differently now when viewed on your phone?

On mine, the tweets are showing up larger than the rest of the thread so they don’t fit on the screen. 

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is anyone else experiencing teeets embedding differently now when viewed on your phone?

On mine, the tweets are showing up larger than the rest of the thread so they don’t fit on the screen. 

Yea, same thing has been happening on my phone.  Just started in like the last couple weeks.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

iPhone. It just changed a couple days ago. 

Word is it's something Twitter changes but it seems to only be affecting iPhones using Safari.

Here's what I found on the board's support page:

This is a twitter issue, not an IPS issue. Twitter's embed JS is giving the container a width of 500px but then setting a max-width of 100%. iPhones are obeying the 500px but other browsers are obeying the max-width.

Twitter needs to fix it.

I was able to replicate this by embedding a tweet on a standard HTML page outside of IPS and it has the same issue unfortunately. Sorry everyone.

Link

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen it on my desktop too, but not for every tweet.   Sometimes it's the full embedded tweet, but once in a while, starting recently, there'll be one tweet that's just some words with a  link under them. 

IDK about other browsers, but if you're using Firefox and have tracking protection turned on, it'll show a text-only version of the tweet.