Tweets

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is anyone else experiencing teeets embedding differently now when viewed on your phone?

On mine, the tweets are showing up larger than the rest of the thread so they don’t fit on the screen. 

Yea, same thing has been happening on my phone.  Just started in like the last couple weeks.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

iPhone. It just changed a couple days ago. 

Word is it's something Twitter changes but it seems to only be affecting iPhones using Safari.

Here's what I found on the board's support page:

This is a twitter issue, not an IPS issue. Twitter's embed JS is giving the container a width of 500px but then setting a max-width of 100%. iPhones are obeying the 500px but other browsers are obeying the max-width.

Twitter needs to fix it.

I was able to replicate this by embedding a tweet on a standard HTML page outside of IPS and it has the same issue unfortunately. Sorry everyone.

Link

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone else having issues with embedded tweets resolving properly lately?  Especially when trying to post one?  

Seems like the last few days they don't want to resolve correctly.  It takes a long time or I have to try a couple times before they load properly.

So, the first time I tried to post that previous tweet, it began loading (like it was going to embed the tweet) but then instead posted as sort of a rich text file. I deleted it, pasted it again, and then it worked properly. So, definitely took two tries.

The image took a long time to load on my end but that piece could've been because of internet connection.

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Anyone else having issues with embedded tweets resolving properly lately?  Especially when trying to post one?  

Seems like the last few days they don't want to resolve correctly.  It takes a long time or I have to try a couple times before they load properly.

Same. Using Firefox, I think the latest version.

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I was able to get a screenshot of it. Is this what you're experiencing, too?

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 12.05.51 PM.png

Yep, that's what it's doing to me.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  Sometimes if I let it sit there for several seconds it will resolve.  Sometimes I have to delete and re-paste.  Sometimes I have to reload the page and try again.

Kind of annoying.