Martinez Named B1G Freshman of the Week

Mavric

11 hours ago, wiuhusker said:

Are these grades based purely on passing numbers or the position as a whole? If it is purely passing how the hell is AJ Bush that high?

Also, captain obvious here,  but we got ourselves a good one folks.  

It says passing grades, so I'd assume at least the designed runs are taken out. There were a lot of drops, and from what I know of PFF those count for the QB almost as much as if they were caught.  But yeah, 68.5 seems high.. and definitely feels like that shouldn't ever be the 5th best in the conference. There were some baaaad games though:

Sitkowski (Rutgers): 8/19, 40 yards, 0 TD 1 INT

Lewerke/Lombardi (MSU) 18/48, 220 yards, 0 TD 1 INT

Coan (Wisconsin): 9/20, 60 yards, 0 TD 2 INT

Thorson (NW): 15/30, 122 yards, 1 TD 2 INT

Blough (Purdue): 20/31, 142 yards, 1 TD 0 INT

I think they also get less credit for short passes that the receiver turns into a big gain, so a drag route that goes for 60 doesn't pull up their rating much. But at a glance, Bush's 11/25, 126 yards, 0 TD 2 INT doesn't seem a lot better than the list above.

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

It says passing grades, so I'd assume at least the designed runs are taken out. There were a lot of drops, and from what I know of PFF those count for the QB almost as much as if they were caught.  But yeah, 68.5 seems high.. and definitely feels like that shouldn't ever be the 5th best in the conference. There were some baaaad games though:

Sitkowski (Rutgers): 8/19, 40 yards, 0 TD 1 INT

Lewerke/Lombardi (MSU) 18/48, 220 yards, 0 TD 1 INT

Coan (Wisconsin): 9/20, 60 yards, 0 TD 2 INT

Thorson (NW): 15/30, 122 yards, 1 TD 2 INT

Blough (Purdue): 20/31, 142 yards, 1 TD 0 INT

I think they also get less credit for short passes that the receiver turns into a big gain, so a drag route that goes for 60 doesn't pull up their rating much. But at a glance, Bush's 11/25, 126 yards, 0 TD 2 INT doesn't seem a lot better than the list above.

I think Bush had at least 5 dropped passes and 1 of the INTs probably doesn’t count against him.

Maybe the others didn’t have dropped passes.

• Plus1 1