Nebrasketball Game #3- Seton Hall: Wednesday, November 14- 6:30 PM (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Seton Hall win by single digits
    • Seton Hall win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2018 at 11:51 PM

7 hours ago, Blackshirts007 said:

4-0 but yes, I think we get Tech.  Ironically they played games against our first two opponents right after we did.  They beat them both by less than half the margin we won by, good sign.  

It's not surprising that they would play the same teams.  The first two games were campus site games in the KC tournament.

I rarely have time to sit down and watch basketball, and over the last few years, literally every single time I have turned on a Husker game (only a few occasions, mind you), even against teams that aren't so great, they play like total crap from the moment I turn it on. So I saw one of the posts above indicating a small lead at halftime but poor shooting, but I turned on the game anyway with about 8 minutes remaining.

What I saw was very refreshing to see - it was a kind of dominance from Nebraska basketball over a decent program, a style of basketball that I frankly did not recognize from a team wearing the Husker jersey. It's a very good feeling. Now can they keep playing like this for the next 4 and a half months?

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Fru said:

Went to the game last night. Sloppy first half. Turned it on in the second. Good to see them overcome some adversity with the refs. This team can be special. 

I was busy with a project last night while the game was on, so I didn't watch it intently.  But, if we are up on Seton Hall after a "sloppy first half".....that's a good sign.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was busy with a project last night while the game was on, so I didn't watch it intently.  But, if we are up on Seton Hall after a "sloppy first half".....that's a good sign.

For sure. Some dumb turnovers, travels, etc. Looked much better in the second half. Shooting seemed a little cold. They had lots of good open looks, but just couldn't get some shots to fall early on. It won't be like that every night.

1 hour ago, Fru said:

For sure. Some dumb turnovers, travels, etc. Looked much better in the second half. Shooting seemed a little cold. They had lots of good open looks, but just couldn't get some shots to fall early on. It won't be like that every night.

I agree.  I was also at the game and Palmer had a pretty slow start to the night, which didn't help.  He didn't make a shot for the first 16 minutes.  Once he got going I would say the whole team started to play better.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’ve been pretty skeptical of the high ranking of a Tim Miles coached squad.

I will tell you I really liked what I saw yesterday.  In my opinion, the play of Heiman and Borchardt is the kind presence Miles’ teams have lack.  The team rebounding was great.

Have to say, I am pleasantly shocked.  I watched him a lot in HS and, other than being the biggest kid on the court, I wasn't that impressed.  Miles has done a great job with him.

My thoughts from last night:

James Palmer is a bit streaky but that dude is such a competitor that when he sees the Husker start to slip he takes over. An amazing leader.

Guys seem to be understanding their roles. We have legit scoring threats all over and so when one guy struggles it is fun to see others step up. Glynn was on fire early and want to see him stay consistent through a game.

I was wrong on Nana. The dude had that big 3 and while he didnt play huge minutes, I think he is a legit option off the bench. He is athletic.. Kind of reminds me of Ray Gallegos a bit.

Heiman is going to be special. It will take him a few years but he reminds me of a more athletic Brandon Ubel. He wont be that strong but I think he understands positioning and seems to want to go get a rebound.

The refs were bad last night but I am super impressed with Miles and this team for not letting things unravel. When it went 44-42, I was worried but we had a big 3 and it seemed to fire them up. The crowd did a great job after the long break to check the clock to come back with a ton of noise. I think they turned that into a lot of energy.

I am as excited for this team as I have ever been. Our bench is VERY light especially when Roby and Borchardt get into foul trouble but if we can work on that, I dont think it should be an issue. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

My thoughts from last night:

James Palmer is a bit streaky but that dude is such a competitor that when he sees the Husker start to slip he takes over. An amazing leader.

Guys seem to be understanding their roles. We have legit scoring threats all over and so when one guy struggles it is fun to see others step up. Glynn was on fire early and want to see him stay consistent through a game.

I was wrong on Nana. The dude had that big 3 and while he didnt play huge minutes, I think he is a legit option off the bench. He is athletic.. Kind of reminds me of Ray Gallegos a bit.

Heiman is going to be special. It will take him a few years but he reminds me of a more athletic Brandon Ubel. He wont be that strong but I think he understands positioning and seems to want to go get a rebound.

The refs were bad last night but I am super impressed with Miles and this team for not letting things unravel. When it went 44-42, I was worried but we had a big 3 and it seemed to fire them up. The crowd did a great job after the long break to check the clock to come back with a ton of noise. I think they turned that into a lot of energy.

I am as excited for this team as I have ever been. Our bench is VERY light especially when Roby and Borchardt get into foul trouble but if we can work on that, I dont think it should be an issue. 

I was at the game, as for Roby & Watson scoring consistently was caused by phantom fouls.  Both rode the pine due to these calls, which made it hard for them to get in rhythm.  This team is deep and we have guys who can score. 

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I guess that could be it.  Seemed strange but we got the W so no biggie.

Teams are only supposed to have one coach standing at a time but the way it is supposed to work is that a warning is given before the technical foul.  It is also virtually never called.  Watch any game and both teams have two coaches standing for about half the game.