Smallest town/city you have lived in and what did you like/dislike about it?

2 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

What town did you grow up in? I live in Western Nebraska

30 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Now I’m confused. 

CDog are you from Western, NE or Western NE(you know the panhandle)

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Grew up in Crawford

CDog has got to be from Western NE(panhandle) as opposed to Western, NE(the town)

Amazing what a comma can do

Ha, I can see the confusion. I should have been a bit more clear: I grew up in SW Nebraska. South of the Panhandle

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If my kids were living in a small town, I would be very nervous about them having to travel long distances to "do things".  I would be nervous of my kids driving on 2-lane, country roads in bad weather.  I would also be nervous of them driving out in the middle of nowhere to go drinking/partying, with no way to get back except driving themselves or riding with an impaired driver.

I live in a town of 1200.  Went to college at UNL.  I can say unequivocally it is MUCH safer to drive in bad weather here than it is in Lincoln.  :D

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

I grew up in the country outside my hometown. Not quite on a farm, but surrounded by farmland.

Best thing about it was the pitch blackness at night. Great for stargazing.

The strip pits in SE Kansas are great for this. Great place for a keg party, too. :)

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

You doods that grew up in a small town...how "look the other way" is the issue of teen drinking?

I would go to street fests during the summer and the ladies manning the gates that are supposed to check IDs and give wristbands would get confused and offended when they'd offer 17 year old me a wristband knowing full well how old i was and me refusing.

• Fire 1

My early years in a  of 700 and then moved to  Nebraska to  a town of 1200 when I was 9 ,now my closest neighbor  is a half mile away, wouldn't  change a thing. Lived in Mankato  mn for a few years and South Sioux city  for five years, small cities but still to big for me,Kato is a nice town,SSC is a s#!thole with good pizza and Chinese food.I love my peace and quiet,being close to where I  hunt and fish means more than my work commute. Planning  a move soon back to  Minnesota but way up north on the  border.Another small remote town. 

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

You doods that grew up in a small town...how "look the other way" is the issue of teen drinking?

In my experiences, it depends on how well you know the cops; if it was a local guy who knew your family and you weren't too belligerent/stupid, chances were good they'd either take you home and ring the doorbell, or take you to the station and have your parents come pick you up. 

If you were too far gone, or it was a state patrolman, you were ****ed.