Smallest town/city you have lived in and what did you like/dislike about it?

16 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

You don't live in a neighborhood?  My neighbors know everything about everyone.  I found out I was a frequent topic of conversation and my dating life generated a lot of discussion.  I thought it was kind of funny.

I do live in a neighborhood.  I have no idea or interest in any gossip they may be saying.  

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I do live in a neighborhood.  I have no idea or interest in any gossip they may be saying.  

Same. We've been in our house for over a year and the only neighbor I talk to is the guy I share the fence with, but even that's rare.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The lincoln streets, parking, and students don't help with the driving in Lincoln.  That place is a s#!t show

The only street in Lincoln that is good to drive on is Capitol Pkwy/Normal Blvd.  The ability to drive diagonally across the city was great

Other than that O Street sucks, 27th Street sucks, 48th Street sucks, Highway 2 sucks.

35 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I hardly ever talk to my neighbors.  We are hardly ever out at the same time but even if we are we just say "hi"

Same. It's no offense to them - most of them are nice people.

A big part of it is we're one of the youngest couples in the neighborhood (most of the homeowners are 40+ with kids, and I'm almost 30 with no kids) and we don't really want/need social interaction with our neighbors. I feel like many of the technological advancements we enjoy today somewhat limit the desire for neighborly interactions.

I talk to my neighbors quite a bit but not enough apparently. I went months not knowing the old couple living behind me passed away and years not knowing another neighbor divorced and one son started using drugs. I think these are good things to know that don’t cross over to gossiping. One neighbor was up in arms over another neighbor locking their two boys out when they missed curfew. I thought it was funny and I don’t judge how people raise their kids. As long as their kids stay off my lawn.