Here To Explain: Illinois

Cdog923

Just now, knapplc said:

It's hard to keep track of all of Ziggy's runs these days. The 66 yard run was in the 2nd quarter. This one, the 60-yarder, was in the 4th quarter.

Thanks, Knapp!  I was out of town watching a kid's tournament games and haven't had time to watch.  The folks at work just told me we were fortunate the Illini dropped a couple of punts or it'd have been tied at half...

37 minutes ago, beorach said:

Thanks, Knapp!  I was out of town watching a kid's tournament games and haven't had time to watch.  The folks at work just told me we were fortunate the Illini dropped a couple of punts or it'd have been tied at half...

Or maybe the punt returner was nervous because they never had a lead over us and we were scoring at will which increased the chance that he’d fumble.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

That Option run where the QB would stop, pop back two steps, then throw over the top to the TE was among my favorite "that's not fair" plays. Tom would pull that one out when he had the defense selling out to stop the Option because we were gaining 7-10 yards a pop.  Then they'd throw it and the defense would look so frustrated.

Tommie did that like a boss IMHO.  What a great play.  The complexities in the simplistic...TO was a genius.  Frost shows great promise.

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, knapplc said:

That Option run where the QB would stop, pop back two steps, then throw over the top to the TE was among my favorite "that's not fair" plays. Tom would pull that one out when he had the defense selling out to stop the Option because we were gaining 7-10 yards a pop.  Then they'd throw it and the defense would look so frustrated.

Yep - the exact play I was thinking of - that and the surprise trap to the fullback. (Remember that one Miami??)  Can't get enough of this video

16 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I was at that game. I think I might have shed tears after that play. I had been at the heartbreaker the previous year as well and I was just so damn over the top happy when NU scored there. I remember every detail like it was yesterday 

I wasn’t at the game, but had the same reaction and remember everything about that moment.