Guy Thomas gone

SUHperman

On 11/14/2018 at 11:17 PM, MichiganDad3 said:

Is his fighting any injuries or just realized that he is low on the depth chart? I hate to see kids leave. While it is nice to open up a scholarship, I think there is value to having people on the team that work hard even though they know they will rarely if ever play.

I understand what your saying, but I think if a kid knows they won't play or will rarely if ever, then the level of competition and intensity in practice goes down and that is detrimental to the teams success. Kids have to believe that if they work hard, it will set them up for a real shot at playing time, or they will quit working as hard. 

12 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I understand what your saying, but I think if a kid knows they won't play or will rarely if ever, then the level of competition and intensity in practice goes down and that is detrimental to the teams success. Kids have to believe that if they work hard, it will set them up for a real shot at playing time, or they will quit working as hard. 

I agree with you, but if Ozigbo had left before this season started, it would not have bothered me, now I think he may leave the biggest hole when seniors graduate.

• Fire 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to Guy Thomas gone

Just now, GBRFAN said:

it will be interesting to see who also shakes out - however doubt the record has anything to do with that

Agree. I think it is more related to guys see the new staff come in. They are willing to give it a chance and see where they fall in the eyes of the new staff. They see they are not as highly thought of as the last staff and decide to move on. 

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

2017 recruiting class.  10 out of 18 commits never made it or left before any significant contribution

I was kind of curious, so just went to look at all the guys from that class and kind of amazing...Lindsay, Gebbia, Blades, Keyshawm, Thomas, Ben Miles and others all gone... Yikes that was a swing and a miss of a class I think many were kind of excited about.

• Plus1 1