Guy Thomas gone

SUHperman

17 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not a bad list.  I think your top four are fairly likely.  I'm not sure about Lee - he at least got on the field some.  Same with Davis.

Dixon seems to have off-the-field issues so it's a question of if he feels he isn't getting a fair shake.  But he posted something on Twitter last week that made me think he's staying.

As has been mentioned, Jones would be low on my list.

I only have Lee in there because he might just want to be done playing.  He’d be a 5th year senior.  Maybe time to move on . I have no insider stuff on it.

Jones would be low on the list too.  But if academics are an issue, it might not be up to him

• 7 months later...

On 11/16/2018 at 8:27 PM, MichiganDad3 said:

I agree with you, but if Ozigbo had left before this season started, it would not have bothered me, now I think he may leave the biggest hole when seniors graduate.

This is a great point. We never know what players might continue to grow and become Real Impact players in their Senior Year ( or due to injuries/defections we might need MORE than anticipated). Only hindsight is 20/20. But the team is made up of the people who stayed (AND kept their noses clean so that they could be Contributors).

I'm sure Colorado got enough of a look at it last year. I'm not worried about the Colorado game this year. Last year, we were the better team on the field for about 55 minutes of the game, and it wasn't particularly close. But boy, did we ever stink up the place in those other five minutes...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Is there any concern that he is going to a 2019 opponent with at least some knowledge of both how our defense is going to work in 2019 and practicing against the SF offense?

I have no concerns. Given his limited involvement and production while a Husker, I doubt he can lend any insight that could make a difference. And this may not be popular or the right thing to say but if he really wanted to work, contribute and make a difference on a team, he would still be a Husker and not be running away to avoid having to earn a spot. It's not like we had no need at OLB.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Not worried at all about him knowing the offense. Our whole defense knows the offense and our offense can still make plays against them.

Bingo. Frosts scheme exploits your weaknesses so unless your plan is to have no weaknesses defensively then you are going to have a hard time defending this offense.