The Better America of our Dreams

OK, so we have the Trump threads with all of his shenanigans, and we have the Angry Violent Right thread talking about all the conflict in the country, and those are news and we should discuss them.

But maybe we need a thread where we share stuff about this country coming together.  Because I don't believe that we're truly that divided. I think we have far more in common, and far more good in us, than the headlines would let us believe.

So here's a good start.  Beto O'Rourke just lost a tough Senate campaign to Ted Cruz.  

They met at the airport yesterday.

• Plus1 3

I've long thought that a Presidential candidate should run on a split party ticket. I think it could be a winning combination this next election if anyone has the guts to do it. It would be a great gesture of cooperation, and a sort of burying the hatchet moment.

Also, as of this morning, I've come to the conclusion that the party system should be abolished. Candidates should run on their platform, not the party's. They could better serve their constituents if they are not beholden to someone else's agenda who demands they raise money to support the group or risk getting stomped on when they propose legislation.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 4 months later...