The Better America of our Dreams

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Coward, and like she's better than he is. The thing that makes it extra cowardly is she doesn't need to get a job after this.

It's pretty clear since day one that it was all about prestige for her holding that position which she clearly had no business holding in the first place.  Just a disgusting person.

• Plus1 3

Yesterday I was all over the place. Started stunned, literally watching it happen live with my jaw dropped. Then I got sad like really sad that this is what we have become. I ended the night fuming at what we saw and what was allowed to happen through inaction. We haven't ever been perfect, but it was the first time I felt like we collectively failed.

Our past leaders have made plenty of mistakes. It is really f#&%ing hard to govern a nation this large, this diverse and this ambitious. Maybe it is my positive nature to think that our leaders for as long as I've been kicking have taken the responsibility to govern seriously and genuinely worked for the betterment of all Americans wether I agreed with their policy or not. After all every policy has unintended and unforeseen consequences, but I hadn't felt that our leadership was actively acting against our system. It is a clearly flawed system, but its ideals are beautiful and working to actualize the ideas in the Constitution is worth the effort.

That positivity stopped with this administration and my underlying worry of the last 4 years was realized yesterday. These people that stormed our capitol are not patriots they are cowards. They offer nothing to our union except for division, Fascisim, xenophobia, racism and hate. They spit in the face of our democracy and then lick the freshly shined shoes of their pathetic excuse of a strongman leader. They will not win, they will be remembered as treasonous and they will be thrown to the trash heap just like all others that have threatened democracy in this nation.

As I said earlier yesterday I was stunned, sad and angry. I am working back toward my optimistic nature.

We are not perfect, but we are a hell of a lot better than this. Let's get to work.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

Make racism a federal crime. Stop play-acting with stuff like the Civil Rights Act. Give it teeth.

You don't have to like the person of a different race/color/religion/creed/national origin that sits next to you. But you will BY GOD leave them the hell alone. And if you can't, you don't belong in this society and we need rocks broken with sledges to pave the streets.

Get busy getting equal or get busy swinging a hammer. Your choice.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1