The Better America of our Dreams

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Country singer Granger Smith turning family loss into opportunity to serve others and bring comfort to others when they lose a child. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/granger-smith-feels-relief-leaving-country-music-serve-god-surrender

Good article.  I have to admit I was awfully hesitant to read anything from Fox News , but good for him.  I hope it works out for him.   I can’t imagine the pain he and his family had to endure from losing a child. 

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Good article.  I have to admit I was awfully hesitant to read anything from Fox News , but good for him.  I hope it works out for him.   I can’t imagine the pain he and his family had to endure from losing a child. 

Their actual news is good, even with a right lean.  The issue is opinion pieces and talking heads who aren’t concerned about news or truth and lean more right.  They promote the opinion pieces more than the news.  News doesn’t sell ads though so we get what we get.   

• TBH 1

43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The full post is amazing and humbling for any of us who think we are too good for....

This is Matrix movie star Keanu Reeves. He was abandoned by his father at the age of 3 and grew up with 3 different stepfathers. He is dyslexic. His dream of becoming a hockey player was shattered by a serious accident. His daughter died at birth. His wife died in a car accident. His best friend, River Phoenix, died of an overdose. His sister battled leukemia. No bodyguards, no luxury houses. Keanu lives in an ordinary apartment and likes wandering around town and often seen riding a subway in NYC. When he was filming the movie "The Lake House," he overheard the conversation of two costume assistants, one crying as he would lose his house if he did not pay $20,000 - On the same day, Keanu deposited the necessary amount in his bank account. In his career, he has donated large sums to hospitals including $75 million of his earnings from “The Matrix” to charities. In 2010, on his birthday, Keanu walked into a bakery & bought a brioche with a single candle, ate it in front of the bakery, and offered coffee to people who stopped to talk to him. In 1997, some paparazzi found him walking one morning in the company of a homeless man in Los Angeles, listening to him and sharing his life for a few hours. In life, sometimes the ones most broken from inside are the ones most willing to help others. This man could buy everything, and instead, every day he gets up and chooses one thing that cannot be bought: To be a caring person. Simple Acts of Kindness

• Plus1 4
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...