Sincere thanks to the 2018 Cornhuskers staff & players for restoring CLASS to this program

cheekygeek

Like you, i never had an expectation of the w/l.  I determined success was going to be playing with passion and effort, and showing improvement week to week.  It would be sweet to end the season with 1-2 more wins, but as long as i keep seeing passion, effort, and improvement, I'm willing to wait a little longer for the w/l ratio that looks more in line with what they are capable of

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

In my mind the seniors who have hung on through 3 coaching changes and numerous coordinators are to be praised. I will remember them as the crew that laid the new foundation for the good things to come.

I'm so proud of them, and anyone else who stuck it out through some pretty severe adversity and still come out smiling and hungry every week.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, TonyStalloni said:

In my mind the seniors who have hung on through 3 coaching changes and numerous coordinators are to be praised. I will remember them as the crew that laid the new foundation for the good things to come.

No doubt about the bolded part.  Three HC's and as many coordinators, position coaches etc....A testament to the seniors who have persevered and continued to put in work every day.  They have led from the front and have helped get something started here.  Kudos to the staff for flipping the culture, getting the buy in and for the first time in years have the NU train going in the same direction.  Future looks bright.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

The positive changes are obvious. This past off-season was one of the most hyped I can remember, although the beginning of the season led to a deflated feeling the upward trajectory is very steep now, these guys just need to sustain the momentum. I'm going to be as excited in the upcoming offseason as I was this year.

I see double-digit wins. Bank on it.

Epic Turnaround?  I love the enthusiasm and Frost is definitely our guy, but let’s beat MSU and/or Iowa before we get too carried away.  If we can’t sustain momentum after beating three teams we should have beaten, then where does that leave us? With all this sunshine pumping, I fear we’re setting ourselves up for disappointment if we should lose tomorrow or next Friday.  Win the next two and I’ll agree with everything the OP said. 

51 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Epic Turnaround?  I love the enthusiasm and Frost is definitely our guy, but let’s beat MSU and/or Iowa before we get too carried away.  If we can’t sustain momentum after beating three teams we should have beaten, then where does that leave us? With all this sunshine pumping, I fear we’re setting ourselves up for disappointment if we should lose tomorrow or next Friday.  Win the next two and I’ll agree with everything the OP said. 

I kind of agree with this and I know it is not popular to say it but this team should have 2 losses right now.  Not 7 or whatever it is.  Which makes these next two games (against typical middle of the road, oh wow another 7 win season, teams) so important.  

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I kind of agree with this and I know it is not popular to say it but this team should have 2 losses right now.  Not 7 or whatever it is.  Which makes these next two games (against typical middle of the road, oh wow another 7 win season, teams) so important.  

I disagree on the 2 losses argument.  I would say when NU was playing against Michigan and Wisconsin, they weren't ready to compete with them.  I know Ohio State was a winnable game, but I don't know if that should have been a win.  The losses that I think "should have been wins" were Troy and Northwestern.  Purdue was a game where NU trailed by 2 scores for most of the game, so I don't know if that is a "should have won" game.  While CU isn't a great team, that game was a 50/50 game at the end, and NU came out on the wrong end.  Best case scenario, NU "should be" 6-3 or 5-4.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I disagree on the 2 losses argument.  I would say when NU was playing against Michigan and Wisconsin, they weren't ready to compete with them.  I know Ohio State was a winnable game, but I don't know if that should have been a win.  The losses that I think "should have been wins" were Troy and Northwestern.  Purdue was a game where NU trailed by 2 scores for most of the game, so I don't know if that is a "should have won" game.  While CU isn't a great team, that game was a 50/50 game at the end, and NU came out on the wrong end.  Best case scenario, NU "should be" 6-3 or 5-4.

I hear what you are saying...but NU should not be losing to Purdue at home.  

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I believe the early season losses were caused directly from the bad habits and attitudes developed over the past 3-4 years. It took half a season to undo the destruction wrought by Nebraska for hiring a bad coach but also the players for not putting in the effort and earning their scholarship. We’ve heard how out of shape the team was and I don’t think a coach needs to force an athlete to stay in shapeeyeswear2allthatsholy  Without wins against these next two unranked opponents I’m reluctant to attribute next year’s success to any kind of foundation they created.  With 2 or 3 historically bad seasons under their watch, the best thing they might contribute is to graduate. We’ll miss some good players from this class but without the next two wins I think history won’t be too kind to this class.