What Did We Learn? - Michigan State

Mavric

Just now, Landlord said:

I learned that Adrian Martinez/Scott Frost throwing it 30+ times in the wind and inclement weather somehow just feels so much better and works better than Tommy Armstrong/Danny Langsdorf doing the same thing. 

Those throws in the flat opened up the big pass to Morgan to start NU’s comeback. It wasn’t a great day for Frost or the offense, but they did enough in the 4th to get the win. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Hell of a gut check for  these players and they got a W .Really  proud of the  black shirts and special teams, also I made it  through the  game thread without  getting cancer .

I had to stop reading it, I could feel a tumor coming on.

• Plus1 2

Receiver hurt, can't run the ball, blizzard like conditions, playing the best run defense in the country (and a great pass rush)...and somehow win, by kicking three field goals by an embattled kicker. There has been a lack of emotion by pretty much everyone but Barry on that defense this year, but in a game the defense just had to step up and play with passion, they did. Michigan State could have made more if their passing game wasn't on short circuit, but I feel from a heart standpoint this defense turned a corner. 

• Fire 1

Learned that we can win a game based on our defense and special teams

Pickering is the blizzard wizard

Reed was playing out of his mind today that was fun to see.

nice to have a closer like Ozigbo. Wish we played Sparty more often the games always seem to come right down to the wire. Great win on senior day

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

1.  The culture has changed and guys are lifting each other up.   On a day when the offense was shut down the Defense and Special Teams stepped up.

2.  Nebraska has toughness again which is great to see.

3.  JD Spielman is more critical to this offense than we realized. 

4.  Adrian Martinez is not used to playing in the cold.

5.  Nebraska could beat many (not all) teams in the top 25 right now when they are playing well.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1