What Did We Learn? - Michigan State

Mavric

I haven't been second-guessing Frost much, but I don't know why he never used the QB draw, which seemed there for the taking a lot of the game.

But if I'm an MSU fan, I'm really second-guessing Mike Dantoini, who went away from what MSU does well and what Nebraska specifically has trouble with.

If you were a football fan without skin in the game, it wasn't a great game to watch. 

But for some reason on a cold November day with this team at 3-7 and just starting to trend up, it feels really good. Especially good that the defense got the credit. I hope Lincoln is celebrating well today.

Refs were terrible on several  play calls. Sometimes on both sides, but mostly us. I think it pays to boo loudly.

Cultural improvements  are obvious.

I don't think the commentators ever called Adrian Martinez Taylor Martinez.

I miss JD Spielman

Our chances of beating Iowa improve. Winning ugly matters.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Norhusker said:

Refs were terrible on several  play calls. Sometimes on both sides, but mostly us. I think it pays to boo loudly.

Cultural improvements  are obvious.

I don't think the commentators ever called Adrian Martinez Taylor Martinez.

I miss JD Spielman

Our chances of beating Iowa improve. Winning ugly matters.

They sure couldn't tell Ozigbo from Washington though...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I haven't been second-guessing Frost much, but I don't know why he never used the QB draw, which seemed there for the taking a lot of the game.

But if I'm an MSU fan, I'm really second-guessing Mike Dantoini, who went away from what MSU does well and what Nebraska specifically has trouble with.

If you were a football fan without skin in the game, it wasn't a great game to watch. 

But for some reason on a cold November day with this team at 3-7 and just starting to trend up, it feels really good. Especially good that the defense got the credit. I hope Lincoln is celebrating well today.

The coaches didn't think they could run the draw too much with Martinez because MSU's front 7 is so good and fundamentally sound.  They don't get out of position very often.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

MSU had at least one guy spying Martinez all day. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1