What Did We Learn? - Michigan State

Mavric

I learned that (as much as I like Frost and what he has done) his game planning includes crossing his fingers the night before and praying that he will be able to pass. Which I find a little disturbing. I’m also somewhat amazed that they showed very little difference offensively in quarters WITH the wind, vs against it. If you can see the forecast you could plan & playcall accordingly. He’s a wonder, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have some things to learn yet.

• Fire 2

Just now, cheekygeek said:

I learned that (as much as I like Frost and what he has done) his game planning includes crossing his fingers the night before and praying that he will be able to pass. Which I find a little disturbing. I’m also somewhat amazed that they showed very little difference offensively in quarters WITH the wind, vs against it. If you can see the forecast you could plan & playcall accordingly. He’s a wonder, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have some things to learn yet.

Frost's comments about hoping to be able to pass had a lot to do with Michigan State's defense.  Their strength is run D, and they aren't very good against the pass.  Yes, it's frustrating the NU couldn't run the ball very well at times, but that had a lot to do with the Michigan State D.  I'm listening to Big Red Overreaction, and Vrzal commented that NU's o-line was in good position most of the day, but MSU just beat the lineman at times and would make the tackle.  Coming from a former o-lineman, I respect that opinion, because he's gonna pay attention to o-line play.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

This team was 0-6 then just changed. They took the West leader to OT on the road and almost beat #10 on the road.  Going 4 for 5 after figuring out how to win, while becoming one of the best offenses in the country with one short recruiting season.

This program will come back and teams will hate to play us. They're recruiting linemen to make these games easier. Like the big kid from Minnesota (or wherever up north) that would think today is a nice day for a football game.

Win one more.

If this team starts like they are finishing, next year could be really fun. Like the last half of this season has been.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

D'antionio tries to be a bully against other Big Ten teams.  It worked well when the Big Ten traditional programs were down, but not so much now.

They are so well coached defensively, it is usually a good formula.  They have had a slew of O line injuries and sunshine back there can't hit the ocean from the beach. Until they get some playmakers on O, try to bully is all they can do.

Just now, runningblind said:

They are so well coached defensively, it is usually a good formula.  They have had a slew of O line injuries and sunshine back there can't hit the ocean from the beach. Until they get some playmakers on O, try to bully is all they can do.

I understand, but I'm not a fan of the guy.  Not sure why he's so well thought of by a number of members on this board.

1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Or maybe bet that the game isn't played in near blizzard like conditions???

This