What Did We Learn? - Michigan State

Mavric

50 minutes ago, Fru said:

I learned I can still enjoy a defensive battle. Don’t get me wrong, high scoring shootouts are fun to watch. But low scoring dog fights are fun too. 

Quite agree. 

Not to mention that we won soley on the work of a (*gasp*) kicker. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Pickering has now made 8 straight FG’s and is now 12 of 16 on the season. Great response by that young man. He may not have great range, but as long as he makes it them 40 and inside, I’m good with that. 

Here's hoping - and so far it's looking like - Pickering is Drew Brown 2.0

Many fans wanted to throw both of them off the team mid-way through their Freshman year.  Brown bounced back and had a nice career.  Pickering is headed the right direction.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I considered that when I posted.  Thought it was back-to-back, couldn't remember.  I didn't know he hit a 47-yarder.  Not bad. 

I only knew it because I posted these as he kicked them. Heckling from the cheap seats.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

That 3rd kick was a bullet. It looked like the wind started to push it to his right, but then it straightened out and went right down the middle. 

It was not an aesthetically pleasing kick. But it went in, and that made everyone happy.

• Plus1 1

That was one of the ugliest games I've ever seen. 103 rushing yards rushing, 3.4 YPA. That sounds pretty bad until you realize that that's 26 yards/.85 YPA more than the average Michigan State has given up this season, and it was in nasty weather.

4 hours ago, ebohnart said:

I learned snowy turf is slippery.

ciVCmcz.jpg?1

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

The weather at several games this year sucked. Hope it averages out next year.

MSU has a great run D and with the weather not much chance to pass much. They pursue tenaciously and don't miss many tackles when they get there.

Fox sucks IMHO. Several important close plays during the game didn't even bother to get a replay. At least Beth wasn't commenting.

• Plus1 1

I’m not a season ticket holder or anything, but I’ve been to my fair share of games. I was able to make this game because someone I knew with tickets didn’t want to deal with the weather. So glad I went, easily the best game I’ve ever went to. One man’s ugly is another man’s beauty: snow, defense, chippy play, Barry’s hitting and Mo’s flying, Red Reed’s Redemption, AAHHHH!!!!