What Did We Learn? - Michigan State

Mavric

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Not going to complain about the defense.  I'll take 289 yards and 6 points any day.

I'm nervous about Iowa now.  They're better than Michigan State on both sides of the ball.  Frost will need to bring a better game plan to Iowa.

Iowa is not better at slowing down the run than Michigan State.  It will be easier to run on Iowa, and if Spielman can play things will open up both running and throwing.  I expect Iowa to score more also however.

Game plan was fine,  that is an extremely well coached D.  Team got it done.  Tip your hat and move on to Iowa.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, brophog said:

Gameplan was fine. I don't know what people want. Couldn't block, couldn't run, couldn't catch. Makes it hard to call plays.

The game plan worked just well enough, given the weather conditions and the opponent.  All of the wide passes opened up the seam route to Morgan which kick started the comeback in the 4th quarter.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Then the call should have been holding and not DPI.  If they don't call the penalty until the ball is thrown and the call is a DPI, it's a bad call.

I agree with that. It was a bad PI call.....and a bad missed defensive holding call. Wouldn’t have made much more than two or three yards of difference though. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Then the call should have been holding and not DPI.  If they don't call the penalty until the ball is thrown and the call is a DPI, it's a bad call.

Not to mention they need to be consistent. If you're gonna call a ticky tack hold there (which they didn't) you'd probably have seen at least 10 more penalties during the game when other guys did it.

• Plus1 1