What Did We Learn? - Michigan State

Mavric

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Not to mention they need to be consistent. If you're gonna call a ticky tack hold there (which they didn't) you'd probably have seen at least 10 more penalties during the game when other guys did it.

The inconsistency is maddening.  MSU's DB was draped all over Morgan on the 3rd and goal in the 4th quarter, and they let that go.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

I agree with that. It was a bad PI call.....and a bad missed defensive holding call. Wouldn’t have made much more than two or three yards of difference though. 

Meh, you can hand wrestle 5 yards if the ball isnt in the air. Ticky tack fabrication of a hold even if that was the call, which it wasn’t 

I learned:

-I want to play Michigan State every season, as they’re our B1G version of K-State: Dirty AF, ugly brand of football, and I enjoy beating them.

-This is a special group of kids we have right now. I hope that when this program wins NCs again, we all stop and give a shout out to this group of seniors that have dealt with a lot of s*** to graduate from DoNU.

-I learned that watching a game with my five year old trumps posting in the gameday thread. My kiddo joined me in the second half, and she was completely jacked. Most five year olds have a problem watching the same cartoon for five minutes, but this one watched 30+ min of a defensive struggle and loved it. 

-I learned (remembered, really) that I miss snow and I need to find a way to move back home ASAP. 

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I learned that (as much as I like Frost and what he has done) his game planning includes crossing his fingers the night before and praying that he will be able to pass. Which I find a little disturbing. I’m also somewhat amazed that they showed very little difference offensively in quarters WITH the wind, vs against it. If you can see the forecast you could plan & playcall accordingly. He’s a wonder, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have some things to learn yet.

Stop....just stop. Smh. 

I learned what it looks like when a team is developed over a season instead of regressing. 

Guys have made progress all over the board. Lamar Jackson, Pickering, Reed, the o line, Ozigbo and so many more have made real progress this year. 

Another off season and a solid recruiting class should pay even more dividends for 2019. I'm excited about these coaches! 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1