Will Tre Neal be a graduate assistant here?

Moiraine

Will Tre Neal be a graduate assistant here?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tre Neal has said when he graduated he started looking for programs that had a dental school and that's part of why he picked Nebraska (but obviously Frost and Co and being 2nd string at UCF were probably 90% of it).

So I'm wondering if he will try for the NFL which IMO would be a long shot or stick with this coaching staff as a graduate assistant, possibly even next semester.

"Tre wants to be a coach," Frost said Monday. "I think he's going to be a good one. I love watching him have success. He's been great for our young DBs. He can make all the calls for us. That's a piece we were missing before he got to town."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25259992/tre-neal-mind-trading-unbeaten-ucf-knights-rebuilding-nebraska-cornhuskers

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

GA positions are normally for guys who want to get into coaching.  Sounds like Tre wants to be a dentist and has a few more years of schooling. So I would say “no”, he’s not gonna GA.

Neal has said he wants to coach or the coaches have said he wants to coach (don't recall which). Either way I didn't pick him at random. I'm guessing dentist is the back up plan to coaching and coaching is the back up plan to playing in the NFL.

Edit, found the quote:

"Tre wants to be a coach," Frost said Monday. "I think he's going to be a good one. I love watching him have success. He's been great for our young DBs. He can make all the calls for us. That's a piece we were missing before he got to town."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25259992/tre-neal-mind-trading-unbeaten-ucf-knights-rebuilding-nebraska-cornhuskers

• Plus1 1