Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets say we are win less going into this game, would beating a team like Iowa make you feel better about the season?  Would your answer be the same if it were a team like MSU?  For me, the answer would not be the same.  I always want to win and wouldn't trade the wins we have just to beat Iowa but beating those smelly bastards to our east just makes me feel warm inside.  That has the makings of a rivalry for me, personally. 

God I hate Iowa.

• Plus1 1

No  rival.   We haven't had any meaningful games to really establish a rivalry. Once we battle Wisc every year for a Div championship and then battle OSU or Mich for the Conf Championship then we will have a rival.  Unfortunately, NU hasn't lived up to its end of the bargain - we've been subpar for too long for anyone to consider us a true rival.  I think rivalry is something that develops over a long period of time.  KSU and KU are still rivals even though KU has stunk for the past 10 years or so.  But my KSU friend circles KU on his calendar in spite of KU's record. 

If OU moves to the Big 10 - then I think we can start talking about a rival - but so much time has past, many have not experienced that kind of rivalry.  So sad.

40 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I’m not sure how I feel about this.  I’ve recently read former players considered Colorado a rival back in the day. I’m still trying to process that one.

Well we got pushed into it when CU put a bullseye on us.  Then, they proceeded to beat us three times in a row.  However, it was a fairly short lived rivalry when Dick Nudeweasel wussified them. 

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

People getting fired up for a game, especially ones between two schools with a shared border, makes sense. People getting fired up at people because of that and calling them dumb makes no sense

It is all very serious and should all be taken very seriously.

Seriously.