Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

The Nebraska v. Iowa rivalry is the Nebraska v. Missouri rivalry from the old Big 12 days.  The key difference is that in this case, Nebraska is Missouri.  It hurts me at my core to say that.

Yeah, not even close.

Riley was getting blown out by Iowa.  But generally the games have been very close.  And it's still only 5 to 8 in the last 25 years.

We've lost to them by a combined 19 points over the last four years.  We beat Missouri by that many in 11 different games in a 20 year span.

• Plus1 1
On 6/30/2022 at 3:18 PM, Lorewarn said:

33 of the 52 times we've played were before World War II ended. I don't think that really counts for anything.

I see this line trotted out by Iowa fans a lot. Iowa fans also endlessly celebrate 1939 Heisman Trophy winner Nile Kinnick. 

It seems to be a familiar trend among your general B1G fan. They love to mention how the conference has existed for over a hundred years and they’ll celebrate Heismans and national titles that predate the Eisenhower administration. They’ll then tell Neb fans to “Stop living in the 90’s.” 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, not even close.

Riley was getting blown out by Iowa.  But generally the games have been very close.  And it's still only 5 to 8 in the last 25 years.

We've lost to them by a combined 19 points over the last four years.  We beat Missouri by that many in 11 different games in a 20 year span.

Well yeah, but those are like, facts, man.

IDK, I'm just grousing.  I hate losing to Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota every year.  We could go 3-9 every year with us winning against those three teams and I'd be a happy fan.