Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Are they?  I would guess most would be in favor of canning Brian.

I'm sure they would be in favor of firing him, but most of the fans are willing to follow Kirk wherever he leads at this point. They're not losing sleep over staff decisions, even if they know they could be better with a real OC. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Just makes us feel better that there is controversy/issues within their organization...honestly, they can keep him for all I care. It helps the rest of the BIG when they flounder offensively.

He is a Hawkeye, just for your awareness.  My thought on his comment is that we may not make good hiring decisions, but we definitely know when it is time to fire coaches which is the topic of discussion with Baby Ferentz.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, CyHawk said:

No doubt that Coach Fran is an absolute a$$h@!e. Would have loved it if the Ref would have cold cocked him. It seems like every other game he is doing something stupid. Wish he would leave.

Maybe Barta could write one of those ball breaker contractors for him like BF.

$50,000 pay cut.  No Family pass to Adventureland.

Gets $50,000 back and a daily slice of Casey’s breakfast pizza if team wins 15 games and averages above 65 points per game.

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

1985? They had to play it longer than just that year.  I drive past Altoona several times a year and this jingle goes through my head EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It just means that particular commercial was produced in 1985. Yeah, those ads played for probably over 20 years.

They played on local Lincoln TV stations all throughout the summer.