Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Funny how you ended the quote without including the parenthese part. (You know, the "this is where I stand part) You couldn't negate anything I said as false so you do what our biased fake journalists do every day here in this most censured country in the world and quote to mislead. Shame!!

The B1G is likely considering giving the Huskers the boot (something I've not heard) but the B1G also knows the impact that would have on fan contributions via pay sites so yes, you may be right.

"You couldn't negate anything I said as false so you do what our biased fake journalists do".....solid

I guess this somehow makes your quote more palatable.......ok?

The problem they have with Nebraska is we don't carry the Ivy League type arrogance that some of these schools have.  If it is about production?  Well, there might be a list of schools that should go first.

In our worst 2 years of FB in the last 60 years, we beat Iowa this year and should have last.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

We would have an SEC offer in about 10 minutes if we got booted from the B1G.  Ridiculous fan support, boat loads of money and basically another FCS game on the schedule for them which they love. 

Plus.........

• We have a national football brand.  Yeah it sucks right now, but it's not dead.
  • Top 20 basketball attendance
  • Going to be 80,000+ in a stadium to watch a volleyball game.  The most to ever watch ANY womens event ever is 90,000 (Women's world cup)
  • In general, top notch facilities for most sports.

This is just stupid.

• Plus1 2

Some of this commentary is laughable, If you think NEB is on the chopping block in the B1G that's just foolish. Nebraska fans still support the team like none other. We've been regularly part of the top 2-3 most watched B1G football game every year. We meet or beat attendance numbers in most other sports. Nebraska playing = eyeball's on TV sets and that's what really matters.

• TBH 4

Might be the most ridiculous thought process or off season rumor that I have read in years.

It is solely another lame attempt to point out how bad the football team has been for quite sometime. Like we don’t know that and will readily admit it. Even with the futility, look at attendance (home and away), tv audiences and ratings…$$

Basketball has audiences and attendance, along with being better than other Big 10 teams ( yes CyHawk, you can point that out but what happened in FB and BB this year, as we sucked?)

Baseball finishes fourth… hardly poor…

It only goes up from there when you talk about VB, TF, wrestling 

this whole notion is laughable 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, HANC said:

Might be the most ridiculous thought process or off season rumor that I have read in years.

this whole notion is laughable 

I would agree it's laughable but for one thing, it's very apparent that many fans in the B1G want us gone. Does that correlate to B1G faculty and admins... who knows but when prominent, albeit useless, former players now in large media positions call for it, well..... makes me wonder enough that I do think Rhule's task is bigger than we as fans might think. Hope not but in this crazy day and age who knows what's really happening behind the curtains.  

5 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I would agree it's laughable but for one thing, it's very apparent that many fans in the B1G want us gone. Does that correlate to B1G faculty and admins... who knows but when prominent, albeit useless, former players now in large media positions call for it, well..... makes me wonder enough that I do think Rhule's task is bigger than we as fans might think. Hope not but in this crazy day and age who knows what's really happening behind the curtains.  

You just doubled down on this theory with more nonsense..........

• it's very apparent that many fans in the B1G want us gone
  • when prominent, albeit useless, former players now in large media positions call for it

It's time to tap out.

• TBH 1
40 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Not trying to be argumentative against you personally, but has any former player other than Joel Klatt even mentioned this asinine theory? Klatt, was an average quarterback, and played in a completely different conference . He has absolutely zero influence among media members, especially as far as the Big Ten is concerned. He even mentioned that the whole thing is not very plausible. I do agree that in this day and age, no one knows what goofy things will happen. But one thing for sure is that money will always prevail, and the type of revenue that Nebraska Fanbase brings to the table makes this entire notion completely ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Not trying to be argumentative against you personally, but has any former player other than Joel Klatt even mentioned this asinine theory? Klatt, with an average quarterback, and a completely different conference that has absolutely zero influence among media members, especially as far as the Big Ten is concerned. He even mentioned that the whole thing is not very plausible. I do agree that in this day and age, no one knows what goofy things will happen. But one thing for sure is that money will always prevail, and the type of revenue that Nebraska Fanbase brings to the table makes this entire notion completely ridiculous.

Penn State in after Sandusky scandal.  Michigan State still in after the pedi team doctor.  Both with significant evidence of cover ups.

Seems plausible to dump Nebraska because “some fans” and a TV personality said so.

• TBH 1
51 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1