Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Plus.........

• We have a national football brand.  Yeah it sucks right now, but it's not dead.
  • Top 20 basketball attendance
  • Going to be 80,000+ in a stadium to watch a volleyball game.  The most to ever watch ANY womens event ever is 90,000 (Women's world cup)
  • In general, top notch facilities for most sports.

This is just stupid.

Seriously.  We are very wanted.  If football gets rolling, we are a giant cash cow.

14 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

They aren't in Chicago and you will run into more Iowa and Michigan alumni than anything in Chicago 

It's part of Chicagoland, and that phrase has been Northwestern's ad campaign in the past.

wooosh-dumb.gif

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Metro Chicago...

I was just messing with you.  I grew up in "Chicagoland".  If you left Ryan field at NW and drove to the Sears/Willis tower and I left my house where I grew up at the same time we would most likely arrive at the same time.  I would just be coming from a different state.  

14 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I was just messing with you.  I grew up in "Chicagoland".  If you left Ryan field at NW and drove to the Sears/Willis tower and I left my house where I grew up at the same time we would most likely arrive at the same time.  I would just be coming from a different state.  

You grew up in Gary?